Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP FIND DAMIAN,LAST SEEN FRI 27TH NOV PERCY PLACE DUBLIN

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this or not btu here goes:

My Sil friend is missing since last Friday,November 27th.

He has not turned up for work and his mobile is off+he did not show for a flight to London on Tuesday.This is completely out of character for Damian and all his friends are very worried.

Damian O’Brien (37) is described as being 1.75m (5ft 9in) in height, of medium build with short black hair, a sallow complexion and a faded scar on his forehead.

He was last seen at 11pm at Percy Place near Baggot St Bridge in Dublin on Friday November 27th. He was wearing a black blazer and a pink scarf.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Mountjoy Garda station at 01-6668600 or email: find.damian@gmail.com

There is also a facebook page,if your on facebook could you please add it and share it and maybe share it on bebo/twitter/myspace or even by email or any other ways you can think of.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 536&ref=nf

Heres the links to some more info in the Irish Times
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king54.htm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 44204.html

I have also attached the poster incase anyone would be able to print it out and put it up in their workplace or similar or maybe even hand them out.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this

gview.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Where is Damien from OP? Best of luck, I will keep my eye out.

Edit... Sorry, just read the Times article.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some amount of posters on the red lines luas's today for this this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Brings to mind Trevor Deely. Wasn't that around Baggot St too? And at the same time of the year as he was coming from his office party when he went missing. Still hasn't been found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

There was someone giving out these leaflets on Georges street earlier tonight.

Hope he turns up well and good for ya OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

Wow i actually met that guy a few months back while doing a course in Failte Ireland,hope he turns up op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

wyndham wrote: »
    Brings to mind Trevor Deely. Wasn't that around Baggot St too? And at the same time of the year as he was coming from his office party when he went missing. Still hasn't been found.

Jeez, I'm sure his friends loved your helpful and optimistic post!

Saw a poster this morning down as Mespil so will try to keep my eyes open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

bumping this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well at least his family can have some closure now. It must have been the most awful week for them. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

RIp damien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Am sorry to hear that too.

I'm wondering, for the sake of his family, why he wasn't found sooner. He went missing along the canal, why did the Gardai not search it almost immediately? 2 weeks seems an awfully long time.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

There was a good bit of publicity from friends and contacts of Damian O'Brien in this case but I would say that loads more people go missing than we usually know about, and then turn up safe after a couple of days, so the cops don't have the resources to start searching straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

very sad to hear the news.
    My thoughts are with his family and friends at this hard time.
    RIP Damian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Douche

There was a good bit of publicity from friends and contacts of Damian O'Brien in this case but I would say that loads more people go missing than we usually know about, and then turn up safe after a couple of days, so the cops don't have the resources to start searching straight away.

Yep so so many people go missing in Ireland that noone knows about, many turn up safe but others are not so lucky like in this sad case. I was shocked to find out how many people are still missing in Ireland - just dissapeared off the face of the earth. Some cases going back even before I was born. So many incredibly sad cases.
    RIP Damian. My deepest sympathy with his family.
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

RIP
    My sympathies go out to the family

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Always sad reading things like this :(
    So many people have gone missing over the years.
    Where did they vanish to, must be terrible for the families involved.
    Least this family got to say goodbye :(
    R.I.P Damian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

God bless Damian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My small college was plastered with posters of him. Rest in peace Damian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement