Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Game of the Decade

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

A straight tie between Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2 for me. It was hard enough breaking it down to just those two believe me!

My apologies if your favoured game isn't on the list, I tried my best!

Edit: Oh FFS. All that effort and I end up forgetting HL2 :(

Game of the Decade? 6 votes

Grand Theft Auto III
    0% 0 votes
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    16% 1 vote
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    0% 0 votes
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    16% 1 vote
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    0% 0 votes
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    0% 0 votes
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    0% 0 votes
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    0% 0 votes
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    0% 0 votes
    Bioshock
    0% 0 votes
    Halo 2
    0% 0 votes
    Halo 3
    0% 0 votes
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    0% 0 votes
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    33% 2 votes
    Resident Evil 4
    0% 0 votes
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    0% 0 votes
    Super Mario Galaxy
    16% 1 vote
    God of War
    0% 0 votes
    Portal
    0% 0 votes
    Uncharted 2
    0% 0 votes
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    0% 0 votes
    Mass Effect
    0% 0 votes
    Fallout 3
    0% 0 votes
    Gears of War
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please state)
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Look, you cant do a poll on this sort of thing. You just cant. Not on vBulletin. You get what, 25 picks out of several hundred? A thousand? And look youve gone and made it stupid by filling up options with sequels and other bull****. I dont see Guitar Hero. I dont see Metroid, I dont see Street Fighter or Burnout or Gran Turismo or Zone of the Enders or Final Fantasies 9 or 10 and above or the Ace Combat series....Soul Calibre, Tony Hawk, Perfect Dark, Windwaker, KOTOR, Little Big Planet, Madden NFL, Chrono Cross....

Shall I continue?

Metacritic results: Consoles, excluding handhelds and PC; Sorted by Rating; All Time

So several thousand titles and youve tried to list 25 off the top of your head in an attempt to make a balanced poll on the discussion? Yeah. That'll work :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

san andreas of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Overheal wrote: »
    Look, you cant do a poll on this sort of thing. You just cant. Not on vBulletin. You get what, 25 picks out of several hundred? A thousand? And look youve gone and made it stupid by filling up options with sequels and other bull****. I dont see Guitar Hero. I dont see Metroid, I dont see Street Fighter or Burnout or Gran Turismo or Zone of the Enders or the Ace Combat series....

Shall I continue?
    Yes, I want to know the name of every single option that's missing. You have until 05:00GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Davidius wrote: »
    Yes, I want to know the name of every single option that's missing. You have until 05:00GMT.
    **** that: See link.

Oh and this one filters by release date too: http://apps.metacritic.com/search/process?ty=3&ts=&tfs=game_all&sb=5&game_platform=DRM&game_platform=CUBE&game_platform=N64&game_platform=PSX&game_platform=PS2&game_platform=PS3&game_platform=wii&game_platform=XBX&game_platform=xbox360&release_date_s=01%2F01%2F2000&release_date_e=&x=19&y=16&metascore_s=&metascore_e=

So thats All console games, sorted by rating, released since january 1st, 2000. Go nuts. theres about 6400 results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Jesus, give the guy a break, he did but an "Other (please state)" option.

That should easily cover all the other games that were launched.

For example, the poll shows Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. That's obviously the Wii version.

If you wanted to vote for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, you click other.

Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Daysha wrote: »
    A straight tie between Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2 for me. It was hard enough breaking it down to just those two believe me!

My apologies if your favoured game isn't on the list, I tried my best!

Edit: Oh FFS. All that effort and I end up forgetting HL2 :(

You do not have a clue.

Please, SOMEONE lock this abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Skies of Arcadia FTW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The list is a bit random, isn't it?? :)

Daysha - we'll be doing several ".... of the Decade" awards in this year's game awards (should be fun to tally the nominations!). Watch this space just after Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement