Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPU fan noise is REALLY annoying me

• 04-12-2009 5:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey, First off, read around the net and a few stickies and still lost, sorry, I'm sure this is a common topic.

Bought an assembled build from hardwareversand there about 1.5 years ago and lately I've been getting a really annoying noise from it. Ignored it for ages but decided to open it up and do a bit of research. Then I noticed the back and front case fans were never connected to the power supply, never working!

I went to the BIOS and it told me the CPU fan was going at 2500RPM. When I got the 2 case fan working, the CPU fan dropped to about 1200RPM. BIOS or Speedfan gives no readings for the other 2 fans, still seems to think they're not working but they are. System and CPU temp are around 30c, 27c.

But after lower RPM, CPU fan still noising away, at least I'm pretty sure it's that when I listened closely.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Oh yeah, here's the spec of all my components.
    http://pastebin.com/m122a5055

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Like with all ballbearing fans they do wear out after time, what you will need to do is replace it. Probabaly best to replace the fan and heatsink all in one go to be honest.

I see from what you pasted you have a artic 7, good cooler and usually very quiet, but for the price you pay they dont last very long.

Have a look on komplett.ie and you will be able to find a replacement there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

cheers bud, simple solution. it's making noise now at 1000rpm, but not at 800 rpm, that seems way too low to be noising, better get a new one.

Advertisement