Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long For Cheque To Clear?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Last week I took some of my savings out of the credit union so they wrote me a cheque and I lodged into my Halifax account last Saturday. The balance is shown on my statement but cheque still hasn't cleared. Way too long if you ask me.

Does fault lie with Halifax or Credit Union?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

5 working days usually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

BOOKWORM.1 wrote: »
    Last week I took some of my savings out of the credit union so they wrote me a cheque and I lodged into my Halifax account last Saturday. The balance is shown on my statement but cheque still hasn't cleared. Way too long if you ask me.

Does fault lie with Halifax or Credit Union?

There's no fault

5 working days is the standarad if it's between 2 different banks.
    But if you are looking for access to the funds Halifax are who you would have to get on to.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

5 working days is the standard for cheques to clear between two banks. This question has been asked and answered loads of times already, if you type 'cheque clearing' into the search bar, it should bring up numerous threads detailing how the cheque clearing cycle works.

Advertisement