Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Energy Savings Grant

• 04-12-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

We pumped our wall cavity about 2 years ago using an SEI registered company. Then my father also added extra insulation in the roofspace.

Since it would be our first grant, the amount for the grant must be more than €500, but the grant given just for work to walls is €400. Can the insulation in the roofspace count too even though that work was not carried out by an SEI registered company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RVR

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if the work is already complete then the SEI won't pay out a penny.

You have to get grant approval before any work is done and there's no retrospective grants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn, you're right. I read the SEI guide about it last night but must have misread that part. Ah well, thats that sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Damn, you're right. I read the SEI guide about it last night but must have misread that part. Ah well, thats that sorted.

At least you've the consolation that if you did it 2 years ago, you've almost certainly already recovered more than the grant amount in reduced energy bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

HI i was wondering if it was possible to do a before and after ber cert after the work is finished but all the receipts and all are there as proof... sei have aproved the grant and all... Anyone interesed in carrying these out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

hogandrew wrote: »
    HI i was wondering if it was possible to do a before and after ber cert after the work is finished but all the receipts and all are there as proof... sei have aproved the grant and all... Anyone interesed in carrying these out?

Hi hogandrew. Have you received payment for any of the grant work yet? PM me if your wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

hogandrew wrote: »

The answer is no as the work is allready done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

BERmad wrote: »
    The answer is no as the work is allready done.

I contacted SEI on this one a while ago. They are quite happy to pay the grant for the assessment if no other payment is made. It wasn't the answer I was expecting but the lady said they want the BER's carried out. Another interesting note is that the before assessment can be completed before any grant is applied for.

Hope this clears that up.

Advertisement