Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a visa with a public order offence

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can you get a visa with a section 6 public order offence?? That's threatening and abusive behaviour in a public place??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Houls69 wrote: »
    Can you get a visa with a section 6 public order offence?? That's threatening and abusive behaviour in a public place??

Probably, you may need to get extra checks, medicals etc, but I know people who have received a WHV for drunk driving offence.

I don't think they publish what offences visas get granted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, they don't do history checks for thw WHV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hussey wrote: »
    Probably, you may need to get extra checks, medicals etc, but I know people who have received a WHV for drunk driving offence.

Damn that judge was in a good mood;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Damn that judge was in a good mood;)

Lolz, yeah. I thought they stopped transporting criminals to Oz a while back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

passive wrote: »
    Lolz, yeah. I thought they stopped transporting criminals to Oz a while back? :D

You must be the first person to use that joke here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

m@cc@ wrote: »

20-11-bruce-sulking.jpg

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, they don't do history checks for thw WHV

Mellor next time your down Bondi Rd could you let me know if 118 Bondi Rd opposite the Waverly Oval is still for sale?

To the Op in cases like this your best bet is to apply and state the offence. If they say no they say no.

Best of luck with it

m@cc@ wrote: »

Yeah, and it was so off topic and stupid of me to mention it in response to someone accidentally saying their friend got a visa for Australia for committing a crime. I feel like such an idiot...

Yeah, and it was so off topic and stupid of me to mention it in response to someone accidentally saying their friend got a visa for Australia for committing a crime. I feel like such an idiot...

who mentioned accidentally getting a visa? You can get a visa with offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Mellor next time your down Bondi Rd could you let me know if 118 Bondi Rd opposite the Waverly Oval is still for sale?

To the Op in cases like this your best bet is to apply and state the offence. If they say no they say no.

Best of luck with it

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2008120717

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    who mentioned accidentally getting a visa? You can get a visa with offences.

You said he got it "for" the drunk driving offence, not with, or despite. That's where mine and Zambia's joking came from... I feel like I'm narrating this thread.

Jumpy wrote: »

Last time I saw that room it had at least 6 Canadians in the Lounge...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They should really drop the price because of that.

You said he got it "for" the drunk driving offence, not with, or despite. That's where mine and Zambia's joking came from... I feel like I'm narrating this thread.

:o

Advertisement