Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baddiel and Skinner to Re-unite for World Cup

• 04-12-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Comics David Baddiel and Frank Skinner are to rekindle their partnership to hold court about the World Cup, it was announced today.

The duo, well-known for their 'Fantasy Football League' pairing on TV, are to front a series of shows from South Africa for Absolute Radio next summer.

The shows, which will feature chat, commentary and news from the tournament, will also be available as podcasts.

The pair began their TV series 'Fantasy Football League' on BBC2 in 1994, later swapping to ITV for a World Cup version in 1998 and then a Euro 2004 series.

Baddiel and Skinner famously teamed up with Lightning Seeds star Ian Broudie to record 'Three Lions' – the Euro 96 anthem – which was updated for the World Cup two years later enjoying a five-week run at number one.

In 2006 they created a series of podcasts for The Times newspaper reaching around one million listeners.

Skinner said: “I’m incredibly excited about Absolute sending us to the World Cup in South Africa. I fully expect to have three lions on my shirt and another couple chasing the Land Rover.”

And Baddiel joked: “I absolutely refuse to go to South Africa until they comply with The Specials’ demand and free Nelson Mandela. What ... When?”

The station will make the daily podcasts available from 6am to allow people to download them before commuting. They will then be broadcast by the station later that day.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/skinner-and-baddiel-reunite-for-world-cup-radio-shows-436901.html#ixzz0YiOOx1SM

Fantastic news. I know theres quite a few Baddiel and Skinner fans in here, and for those that havent heard them, shame on you! You can guarantee that there wont be a better World Cup podcast series floating around anywhere else. Cant wait for them :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ah darn it,thought it was gonna be a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Strange to see the words "comic" and "David Baddiel" in the same sentence.

Fantasy Football League - Great fcuking show that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Damn. I was going to pop out for a coffee across the road, but now I'm too excited to trust my legs to support me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Amazing news. Their 2006 podcast was incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This is brilliant but they Lightening Seeds are better than they get credit for and were probably the brains behind the song. Either way it was undoubtably the best football song ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bubs101 wrote: »
    This is brilliant but they Lightening Seeds are better than they get credit for and were probably the brains behind the song. Either way it was undoubtably the best football song ever

Skinner is a pretty accomplished witty song writer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Why isnt it on telly :(

Most disapointing thread of the day.

Advertisement