Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Student Desk Rant

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Once you actually get to a staff member I've found them very helpful, but its getting to them thats the problem..

• Whats with the explosion in ques lately? Used to be it was busy now and then, now every single time your over there there is at least a 20 minute que, whats going on?
    • I called the other day to sort out a fees issue only to have the computer answer the phone telling me that althought the staff were there until 6 the phones close at 4:30, I mean it sounded like someting you'd get ringing a local council.
    • I called this morning, same fee issue, a computer answered and told me to press 2 for Fees, I did so, it then, unbeleivably, told me the web address of the fees part of the UCD site, then hung up the phone!!!:mad: The whole reason I was ringing was to talk to a PERSON because the website and SIS were not helping.
    • I finally found an option where a real phone appears to ring...and it just rings out...

Have they cut the staff as well as the hours or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

You could try email them. It takes them a day or so to get back to you but I've found they are pretty helpful in emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

From the UCD Directory the number for the fees office is 1432. Better than ringing 1555.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

My god this just gets worse.

I got through to a guy at the student desk who was very helpful and sent something up to the fees office. Said I can still sit exams and it may take a while for all the stuff to go through. After I hung up I realized I wont have acess to blackboard if I let this wait ages before they correct my bill and let me pay the fees...so I called the fees office directly using that number...the person who answerd, i ****ing **** you not, said "I dont deal with fees" and trasfered me back to the student desk!!!!

Is this college trying to be a ****ing IBEC civil service parody or something????? This is ****ing ridicilous!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

My god this just gets worse.

I got through to a guy at the student desk who was very helpful and sent something up to the fees office. Said I can still sit exams and it may take a while for all the stuff to go through. After I hung up I realized I wont have acess to blackboard if I let this wait ages before they correct my bill and let me pay the fees...so I called the fees office directly using that number...the person who answerd, i ****ing **** you not, said "I dont deal with fees" and trasfered me back to the student desk!!!!

Is this college trying to be a ****ing IBEC civil service parody or something????? This is ****ing ridicilous!!!!

Oh Fee's Office... You are indeed king of trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

Huh?

Anyway, I resolved the problem by going in and queing for nearly half an hour, then a Gorilla arrived....it was surreal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Once you actually get to a staff member I've found them very helpful, but its getting to them thats the problem..

• Whats with the explosion in ques lately? Used to be it was busy now and then, now every single time your over there there is at least a 20 minute que, whats going on?
    • I called the other day to sort out a fees issue only to have the computer answer the phone telling me that althought the staff were there until 6 the phones close at 4:30, I mean it sounded like someting you'd get ringing a local council.
    • I called this morning, same fee issue, a computer answered and told me to press 2 for Fees, I did so, it then, unbeleivably, told me the web address of the fees part of the UCD site, then hung up the phone!!!:mad: The whole reason I was ringing was to talk to a PERSON because the website and SIS were not helping.
    • I finally found an option where a real phone appears to ring...and it just rings out...

Have they cut the staff as well as the hours or something?

Never phone.
    E-mail is hit and miss
    Answer is to meet face to face.
    This usually results in being passed on to someone else (we don't deal with that, go to Office X. Office X says go to Desk Y. Pray to god that Desk Y doesn't tell you to go back to Admin.)
    However, face to face, staff can actually be pretty helpful.
    Never bother ringing them though.
    Never
    (I'm still waiting for an answer to a query about fees I left 14 months ago on their answering machine :D).

It was always this bad. It's public service after all! (Although I personally applaud Arts Programme Office as being above average in service)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Never phone.
    E-mail is hit and miss
    Answer is to meet face to face.
    This usually results in being passed on to someone else (we don't deal with that, go to Office X. Office X says go to Desk Y. Pray to god that Desk Y doesn't tell you to go back to Admin.)
    However, face to face, staff can actually be pretty helpful.
    Never bother ringing them though.
    Never
    (I'm still waiting for an answer to a query about fees I left 14 months ago on their answering machine :D).

It was always this bad. It's public service after all! (Although I personally applaud Arts Programme Office as being above average in service)

Agree about the Arts Programme Office, they are extremely helpful and the queues are never that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dellboy17

Hi there people, it seems to be a hard thing to obtain, but can anyone spitball a few figures as to how much a years education for an arts degree would cost in UCD? much obliged :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I think a lot of the queue issues stem from the fact that they done away with the separate grants desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dellboy17

betafrog wrote: »
    1. No where near enough information given to give a proper answer.

2. The UCD website gives the "current" fees for every course. But note that the fees change every year...

typical init? save the bad news till u sign up

• Advertisement
Advertisement