Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need recommendations for stylish new case!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

py2006 wrote: »
    Where are you getting it from? And what do you mean by stealth the dvd drives? :confused:

Hide the drives so they can't be seen so as to not ruin the exterior look of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

py2006 wrote: »
    Where are you getting it from? And what do you mean by stealth the dvd drives? :confused:

I'll get it wherever the best deal is :D.
    Yeah I want to hide the drives cos' the front of the 840 would be ruined by the horrible plastic bezels of the optical drives.
    It involves attaching the 840 drive bay covers to the dvd drawer so that the whole cover slides out when ejecting the disc.
    Probably try to do something similar with the multi card reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah I want to hide the drives cos' the front of the 840 would be ruined by the horrible plastic bezels of the optical drives.
    It involves attaching the 840 drive bay covers to the dvd drawer so that the whole cover slides out when ejecting the disc.

Here's a pic of the front of my 840 attached. The DVD front doesn't look that bad really. It's a SATA dvd-rw, very rarely use it other than for OS installs really so in theory I'd probably be better off with an external drive or just use it on the e-sata interface when needed.

I suppose though it's also offset by the crap look of the smartdrive's, they won't push in further to allow the snap-ins be put back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ahhh very good, I never thought of that!! That would be a good idea!
    I would love to see pics of this when its done! ;)

Just went and ordered the Coolermaster ATCS 840 !! I sure hope I made the right decision!! :o

Thanks for your help and input folks!! :D

• Advertisement

Where did you order and how much?
    Good choice too !!!

Where did you order and how much?
    Good choice too !!!

overclockers @ £149

They were out of stock up to yesterday then got 5 in. They are down to 2 now!

That's a good price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my 800D is set to arrive on the 28th!

my 800D is set to arrive on the 28th!

Thats a long time to wait! Where did you order from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement