Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in the city

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I was in the city last weekend and parked at the multistory on Grand Parade. It was only when I got back to my car 2 hours later to face a toll of 7.20 that I noticed it's 80c every 15mins to park there :eek: Is that not outrageous? Are all the multistories in town the same? I'd consider the park and ride, but I've got to do the christmas shop this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

corblimey wrote: »
    I was in the city last weekend and parked at the multistory on Grand Parade. It was only when I got back to my car 2 hours later to face a toll of 7.20 that I noticed it's 80c every 15mins to park there :eek: Is that not outrageous? Are all the multistories in town the same? I'd consider the park and ride, but I've got to do the christmas shop this weekend.

It is very expenseive there alright. I always use the City hall multistory - cheaper and it makes for an easy escape route out of town, if your living south, west or east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Each multi storey has different tarriffs, however, the one you mentioned above is extortionate in my opinion. I parked in the Merchants Quay car park on Wednesday to pick up something from a shop and noticed it was still €2.20 p/h. No drop in prices even though the economy is screwed.

Greed strikes again.

I don't blame people for staying away. Price of parking is an important factor to me. I opt for the Mahon Points & Wiltons or anywhere where there is free parking when I have to go city bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

The North main Street car park is 1.50 per hour, I parked there a few months ago and remember thinking that it was cheaper than an on street parking disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

murphym7 wrote: »
    It is very expenseive there alright. I always use the City hall multistory - cheaper and it makes for an easy escape route out of town, if your living south, west or east.

Long walk to actual town, though
    The North main Street car park is 1.50 per hour, I parked there a few months ago and remember thinking that it was cheaper than an on street parking disc.

North main street car park? The only one I can think of in that general area is the Paul Street shopping centre car park. Where is this 1.50 per hour car park of which you speak?

Oops, never mind, it was North Main street car park I was thinking of, down the quay and entrance on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The train station car park is €7 for the day. Its at the back of the train station by the Saab dealership. If you are planning on shopping all day it could work out ok for you as its a fixed price, pay and display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

It is outrageous, BUT, I use it for going into the English market. Normally I'm in and out in 15 mins which only costs 80c. I was in there at 10am on Wednesday, and it was almost empty. If I was going to be any longer, I'd park in Paul St car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

City Hall is one of the best valued Car parks. Paul Street is handy and is cheaper than the Grand Parade.

I don't really like the Dunnes Stores one and I avoid Merchants Quay because it always packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Mumha wrote: »
    It is outrageous, BUT, I use it for going into the English market. Normally I'm in and out in 15 mins which only costs 80c.

Yea, i do this too but the first 15 mins used to be free!! This was also handy the time i parked in there only to realise i'd no cash on me:o If that happened now i'd be stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

So which one is the cheapest?! I am all ears!

I often used Blackash Car Park in the past if going to town to shop. all day for only 5 euros. bus is free but I like the idea of parking in town and then go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Paws wrote: »
    So which one is the cheapest?! I am all ears!

I often used Blackash Car Park in the past if going to town to shop. all day for only 5 euros. bus is free but I like the idea of parking in town and then go home.

There's a carpark over on Penrose Quay which is €8 per day - only a couple of minutes walk from Merchants Quay and Patrick St.

Parking in the city is ridiculous though....how we don't have parking meters/on-street machines in Cork in 2009 is beyond me. Nothing worse than running around looking for an open shop to buy parking discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 kenneam

Hi,
    just found this link to show the prices of the multi-stories in cork

http://parking.corkcity.ie/#cityhall

Hope this helps

Advertisement