Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provisional "A" Bike Licence question.

• 04-12-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

gonna sit the theory test in January for an "A" provisional motorbike licence.
    If i'm already hold a full driving licence (car), is another eye test required as part of the application?

cheers,

k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

kormak wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

If i'm already hold a full driving licence (car), is another eye test required as part of the application?

cheers,

k

Nah i think you're fine. Unless your eyes were gouged out since you got your car license, in which case I'd say be careful on those roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

It depends on when you sat your theory test and if that test covered cat A.

I was one of the lucky ones who's test covered cat A,B and W and the theory test was still valid when I applied for my Prov A.

I think the theory test is only valid for 3 years.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I only had one eye test, when I was 21. Ive since had (and let lapse) various provisional licences, and never had my eyes tested again. So I hope you manage like that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hmmm... I've had a full B license for 15 years and applied for my 1st A provisional in Feb 09. To apply, I need a Theory Test for the A category AND an eye sight test.

BTW just pass my A test this morning! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jayok wrote: »
    BTW just pass my A test this morning! :)
    Nice one. What ya getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Nah i think you're fine. Unless your eyes were gouged out since you got your car license, in which case I'd say be careful on those roads.

LOL, well I've become a daddy since I passed my test 5 years ago...
    that sometimes has the same effect! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

seanybiker wrote: »
    Nice one. What ya getting?

No idea yet - so many options! :) Actually really like the new Deauville the 700cc one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

kormak wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

cheers,

k

After you pass the theory test, you need an eye test and a medical, together with the application form (which is available from most libraries).

Good luck with the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

Agree with P.C. I got the provisional bike licence 4 months ago. I have a full car licence but still had to get the bulbs checked at my GP.

Advertisement