Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

everton game

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

hey everyone.
    whats everyones takes on sundays game, will we win?

i think we will win 2-0 to be honest. looks like they are playing hibbert and neill at centre back. we could have a good day with them to be honest

gomes

corluka woodie bassong ekotto

lennon hudd palacious kranjcar

defoe crouch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can't see us not conceeding hopefully a 1-2 win we have a decent record at goodison hopefully it can continue

i fancy Kranjcar and Defoe to do the damage Keane will be on the bench again as will Jenas I think Woody is still out but I can see Bassong being dropped to the bench after his midweek performance if woody or King become available.
    Lets put some space between us and liverpool/Arsenal fancy one of them at least to draw this weekend hopefully we don't

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

according to physio room both king and woodie are due back on sunday. dont know how reliable that is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

even though they lost to Liverpool last week they played well. I think they'll be a tough nut to crack. 1-1 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I think this game will be very tough in a kind of 'Bolton away at the Reebok' kind of way. Everton are playing really long-ball at the moment, cutting out midfield - i think Arteta is injured so they have no ball players. But they will be extremely physical and aerial in their play.

Nothing we shouldn't be able to cope with though.

I would prefer Daws & either Woods/King (if fit) for extra height at cb, and also Crouch for defensive height at set-plays. Central midfield Wilson & Hudd.

Think if we match them physically we'll win - Defoe to score the only goal 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm nervous about this one. Everton as not playing well, have plenty of injuries, the fans are on the teams back - prime candidates for putting up a good performance against us.

Fortunately I think we're better suited to this type of battle now than ever before, so I'm hoping for at least a draw, though we'll definitely concede from a set piece as they're so physical and we're not!

I'm hoping for 0 - 2, though it could go any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

After the poor mid-week performance, there's a good few players who have to prove themselves on Sunday.

Hopefully, Everton will feel the backlash and we'll win well.

Undoubtedly we will concede however I think we'll score a few so I'm going for 3-1.

COYS

It's a case of 'as you were' for Harry Redknapp as he prepares the squad for Sunday's trip to Everton.
    The manager will again be without the services of Jonathan Woodgate (groin), Ledley King (hamstring), Luka Modric (fractured fibula) and Carlo Cudicini (pelvis, wrist).
    Niko Kranjcar is available again after being cup-tied for Tuesday night's Carling Cup tie at United.

"I made five changes at Old Trafford and everyone who started last week is okay, I've the same group available for Everton," reported Harry after training on Friday.
    The news remains positive on Luka, who has been training with the Academy squad at Spurs Lodge.
    "Luka's getting closer," said Harry. "He's training with the youth team at the moment and hopefully he'll be back in a few weeks, ready to play. He's a top player for us and we'd love to have him back and playing again."
    Giovani dos Santos is also back in full training after his recent ankle injury. "Gio's just short of match practice now," added Harry. "He's getting fitter but he needs a game.
    "He's been out a long time and I'm looking forward to when he's fully fit. He's a good young player and he was in great form when he got injured. It was a big blow both for us and for him when he got injured."

I hope dos santos gets a run out for ten minutes or so build some fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

This is a must win. These are the type of games a top four team needs to win. I agree with a lot of posts that this will be difficult. They are due a big moral boosting win soon and I really hope its not this weekend. How many times do you see teams when they are playing crap turn around and pull out a huge performance and get the crowd back onside etc, really hope we score first..

In saying all that I think we should have the know how to break them down and if Defoe has the shooting boots on believe we will win. I cant see us not conceeding either so I am going with a 2 - 1 win for us. Defoe/Krancjar.

everyone a little wary here so that means we will win well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

mickman wrote: »
    everyone a little wary here so that means we will win well :-)

Well you've just f**ked that up.:D

• Advertisement

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Well you've just f**ked that up.:D
    Dammit you just got there before me :D

Personally i'd be happy with a clean sheet ........... and a double hat trick from defoe just to beat the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

expect a tough game here.

fancy a score draw or us to nick it. cant see there being too much in it.

toffees were good last wk against liverpool but couldn finish chances. there russian s better than ours anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

On a normal day, I would say this would be an extremely tough game. But with them struggling badly for bodies, we gotta go there and beat them.

We gotta kick them while there down. Start positively, score first, and I'd really fancy us. 2 Nil away win.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I just hope we start the match on a positive attacking note.

Hopefully Harry tells the lad's to get out there and score an early goal (10-15 mins). I think if we score early on, then we'll tear em to pieces.

However, the longer the game goes without a goal then Everton will gain confidence and we could be vulnerable.

Ledley and Woody def out injured

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

We must win to stay 3rd as I expect a home win at the emirates against Stoke. Going for 3-1 to Spurs.

Liverpool drop more points. All we need is for Chelsea to stuff City now & it'll all be all to play for, for us tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We should win, but its gonna be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

They have massive injury problems
    Arteta (out long term)
    Jagelka (Out long term)
    Nevile (out long term)

And 4 very doubtfull after Thurs game in Greece
    Jobo, Distin, Gosling and Jo.

If we cannot beat them today with the injuries they have I don't think we can go on and do much this season. They are there for the taking today. Might be hard getting the 1st, but I woud expect the flood gates to open after that. I hear Hibbert will be a make-shift crt half.

After the Villa performance I predict a lovely 3-0 Spurs win, with us sending a big message to the big boys that Tottenham are here to stay.

COYS

crouch should cause major problems for them today with their make shift defense. lets hope nico is on his game. roll on 4pm. live again next sat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

STARTING XI -
    Gomes;
    Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar;
    Crouch, Defoe.

SUBSTITUTES - Alnwick, Bale, Hutton, Bentley, Jenas, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

What the hell is goin on????

Is it just me or have we started really poorly!!! Where the hell is Huddlestone??? Were not getting it down and playing it around which is what were bloody good at! This long ball to Crouch is really pi**ing me off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Dave11 wrote: »
    What the hell is goin on????

Is it just me or have we started really poorly!!! Where the hell is Huddlestone??? Were not getting it down and playing it around which is what were bloody good at! This long ball to Crouch is really pi**ing me off!!!

niggly game

as for crouch - when he plays we hit everything long - in the past people have said it was down to having no width when playing crouch with defoe and keane in the team - well no keane today and plenty of width and were still hoofing it

someone will be set off here today.

so far fellaini, rodwell n BAE are lucky to be still on the pitch imo

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Jermain Defoe is Yido!!!!! Legend!!!

BAE off thank god! Great player but having a mare today!!

defoe missed penalty palacios injured ended 2 all crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Feel gutted, as bad as a defeat. I knew he would miss the penalty he has no technique whatsoever with penalties. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

thats why we wont make top four. Wastefull.

prob not the best time to post cos my emotions are all over the place.

we missed too many chances today its a simple as that. the game should have been over at 2 nil! we allowed everton back in. we had the chance to win it in injury time with a pen and you guessed it. we didnt.

with palacois having to go off after he pen incicent anyone else want to see keane come on to hit it?? he is our regular pen taker and although defoe is never short onconfidence he had missed a few chances today.

missed chances cost us dearly today and now we are in 3rd now the ARSEnal can overtake us with thir game in hand and we are wthin touching distance of villa and city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Lovely everton fans, they have the benefit of a replay on the stadium big screen to see it was a stonewall penalty and then they boo off the player on a stretcher.

Classless c*nts.

Advertisement