Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

everton game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

keane=cock wrote: »

missed chances cost us dearly today and now we are in 3rd now the ARSEnal can overtake us with thir game in hand and we are wthin touching distance of villa and city.

say here
    http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/live.html

we missd the chanc to go 3rd ahead of ARSEnal but says on the live table we are 3rd!:confused: im confused

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

mushykeogh wrote: »
    thats why we wont make top four. Wastefull.

thats too true i'm afraid
    keane=cock wrote:

missed chances cost us dearly today and now we are in 3rd now the ARSEnal can overtake us with thir game in hand and we are wthin touching distance of villa and city.

Them lot are a point ahead of us now with a game in hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

f**** sake! That a painful one to take!

just seen the replay for saha goal. bale just watched that young lad go past him. bassong left saha to mark......noone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

I know it was dissapointing today and keane prob should have brought on for the peno but if someone had of said we would get two draws away to Villa and Everton we prob would have taken it yeah????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Sickening result, threw away 2 points twice to a terrible Everton team. Same old Spurs throwing it away. :mad:

Dave11 wrote: »
    I know it was dissapointing today and keane prob should have brought on for the peno but if someone had of said we would get two draws away to Villa and Everton we prob would have taken it yeah????
    We would have done before they were played, but the way the games went we should have won both easily. Does show how far we have come though.

Sounds like we are missing just a bit of experience to see games through as I still have confidence in the quality of our team. Pity both Leds & Woody are injured, one of those would have helped I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Painful result!. Defoe shouldnt be allowed take peno's anymore , he got no technique. Robbie should have been brought on to take it and not hutton! Those 2 points and the stoke home game will come back to bite us. We outclassed both villa and everton and end up with only 2 points to show for it. None of the top 4 would have lost a 2-0 lead away to everton with 20 minutes to go..sickening lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Today was a prime example of why we will not finish in the top four this season. Today we were virtually playing their reserve team and could not hold on to a 2-0 lead.

No disrespect to Everton but they have been a very poor side this season, a lot because of injuries but there was little to be afraid of from them.

I feel like we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, once again.

Oh and Harry, you are a master genius. You rest half the side on Wednesday to be beaten by Man U kids, because you want to concentrate on finishing top four. Today you bring them back and we still end up playing like t0ssers.

I can't see us getting anywhere near the final four come the back end of the season. Europa Cup if we're lucky.

We would have done before they were played, but the way the games went we should have won both easily. Does show how far we have come though.

I know it was frustrating but I think we need to look at it from last few years point of view. We would have completely collapsed and lost todays game for sure and prob would not have got the equaliser against Villa. It's great to see we have a bit of steel away from home these days!!

This year away from home we have won at: Hull, West Ham and Pompey and picked up points at Villa, Everton and Bolton with losses at Chelsea and Arsenal but sure how often do they loose at home in all fairness!!! Thats 12 points away from home from possible 24!!

Villa, Everton and Bolton are always hard away games!

Lets not loose faith just yet lads!!!

• Advertisement

I know it was frustrating but I think we need to look at it from last few years point of view. We would have completely collapsed and lost todays game for sure and prob would not have got the equaliser against Villa. It's great to see we have a bit of steel away from home these days!!

This year away from home we have won at: Hull, West Ham and Pompey and picked up points at Villa, Everton and Bolton with losses at Chelsea and Arsenal but sure how often do they loose at home in all fairness!!! Thats 12 points away from home from possible 24!!

Villa, Everton and Bolton are always hard away games!

Lets not loose faith just yet lads!!!
    Yes I agree with you - fair enough its a really painful one to take, but I wouldn't get too negative about the season in general!!

Lets face it, we are looking at details, Defoe scores the pen 9 times out of 10 and we are all jumping up and down going mad cos we are 3rd!!

We should have won both games - but as you say against teams that are ALWAYS difficult to play against at their own ground. Everton have only lost 2 out of 8 at Goodison despite their awful season.

Looking at the bigger picture, we have outclassed both Villa & Everton on their own grounds, with just a slice of luck we would have won both convincingly! No need to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Agreeing with yourself StillRickyVilla:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We missed a great chance of holding on to 3rd place today,I think if Keane was brought on with 20 mins to go we might have won the game,I thought Wilson P was back to his best today his passing was better apart from a couple that went astray.

Yes I agree with you - fair enough its a really painful one to take, but I wouldn't get too negative about the season in general!!

Lets face it, we are looking at details, Defoe scores the pen 9 times out of 10 and we are all jumping up and down going mad cos we are 3rd!!

We should have won both games - but as you say against teams that are ALWAYS difficult to play against at their own ground. Everton have only lost 2 out of 8 at Goodison despite their awful season.

Looking at the bigger picture, we have outclassed both Villa & Everton on their own grounds, with just a slice of luck we would have won both convincingly! No need to panic.

Exactly.... defo no need to panic!!! With the next few games coming up against Wolves, City, Blackburn and Fulham and the next two back at the Lane I think were alright!!!

Exactly.... defo no need to panic!!! With the next few games coming up against Wolves, City, Blackburn and Fulham and the next two back at the Lane I think were alright!!!
    Sounds like a good run of games! As long as we maintain our form and confidence we are sure to be still up there then going into 2010!!

We shouldn't be dismissing our whole season's chances on the back of this sickening end to one game - thats football i'm afraid!!

By the way, didn't Arsenal concede too late goals to West Ham to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory! See, it does happen to the so-called Top 4 before we w*** all over how good they are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Missed chances....long balls all day...no desire to get on the ball on play....careless defending and the worst taken peno of all time!

The lads are gettin comfortable, week in, week out, same startin 11! Needs to be mixed up....players need to be workin harder for the shirt!
    Last 3 games, everton, man u, villa, all away, 2 draw and a lose! Not good enough at all for 4th place! Startin to believe their own hype maybe??? or maybe they just miss the lane???? or maybe, they miss modric...god knows i do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sick as a dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

its a laugh all the posts here after games just cos we didnt win them. we cant win every game and i assure that we would have lost this game last season. there was tackles flying in everywhere, it was really hard out there but we rode the tackles and should have won it. two draws away to villa and everton are too good results. dont forget we are playing for 4th, not to win it in all fairness. we have two home games next which we should win, and arsenal have two away games to the pool and burnley. the ball is still in out court people and we have EVERYTHING to play for. ekotto had a nightmare but both evertons goals came from bales side. palacious was excellent today and back to his best. to me dawson has to be our first choice centre half and either king of woodie to play with him as i dont have any faith in bassong

forget the poxy carling cup midweek. it was a good result (even though we should have won it) but last season everton and villa would have beaten us

What really annoys me is how managers like Dave Moyes and Martin O'Neil get credit for sending their teams out to destroy, defend, battle and play route 1.

I suppose thats the difference between Spurs and clubs like Villa & Everton.

It will always be our preference to play lovely, flowing football, but sometimes these teams make it difficult - especially on their own grounds.

If we went long-ball today it would have been mostly because Everton being in our faces at our every turn, and partly the presence of Crouch, which i've said a million times on here, will always encourage the long ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

there are lots of positives people. we played them off the park even though nico was no good at all today. the biggest problem in my opinion is that the game passed huddlestone by again today. lets hope sandro solves this problem. we need a predatory striker today. van nistelerroy would have scored 2-3 today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

sickening stuff:( you could tell defoe was going to miss it:mad:
    everbody seems to be saying this is why we wont finish in the top 4?
    were still in it lads were in 4th so at this moment its are's to lose?
    the next 5 games are huge for us every single one should be 3pointers
    keep the heads high lads we can still do

COYS

Expacting 15 points from next five games might be expecting a bit much in all fairness!!! Lets just concentrate on Wolves next Saturday!! With Villa away United, Liverpool playing Arsenal and City with tuff trip to Bolton this is a must must win and we could possibly open a gap over one or two teams! It's games like this we need to concentrate and put them away before half time!!! Bring it on I say!!! :D

the high expectations come with good performances and results. its not the end of our season and yes we still are 4th but these points could cost us i the long run. remember the lasange gate wasnt that the same season mendes "goal" at old trafford. we were delighted at the point then!!!

its the missed chances that bugs me more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

keane=cock wrote: »
    the high expectations come with good performances and results. its not the end of our season and yes we still are 4th but these points could cost us i the long run. remember the lasange gate wasnt that the same season mendes "goal" at old trafford. we were delighted at the point then!!!

its the missed chances that bugs me more than anything

Sorry to point out the Mendes goal was the seaon before, but i get your point we did drop points that season too e,g sunderland away and at the library. These dropped points cost us champions league football, but having said this if i remember correctly we won a few games in the latter stages that season sometimes undeservedly.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Sorry to point out the Mendes goal was the seaon before, but i get your point we did drop points that season too e,g sunderland away and at the library. These dropped points cost us champions league football, but having said this if i remember correctly we won a few games in the latter stages that season sometimes undeservedly.

wasnt sure

After 15 games in the 04/05 season (the season when we SHOULD have made the Champions League but for that dodgy lasagne) we had 27 points.

This season after 15 games we have........27 points.

Exactly the same!

For those getting all negative, lets just wait to see what happens in the next month or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gutted.
    Played very well for large spells again, just like Villa Park. Big downer to only get 2 points from 6 going by the performances.

You'd think defoe would have been a bit more classy with the pen, seeing as he's full of confidence and in such good form.

Anyway, its gone now. 5 from 5 from the remainder of 09 and I'll be happy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Sick as a dog :(

+ 1 . Knew defoe would miss. Reminded me of that peno miss against the hammers. Bale was poor too. We could have had six on another day. We were cruising as well. That said i can see Everton improving with Yak and Saha back and not many teams will take 3 points from Goodison.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The difference between us and other top four challengers is that they will also grind out win results when playing badly whereas we can't even grind out a result when we're playing well.

We can't defend, we can't play long ball......in reality we can only play one style and that is to attack with open football.

In someways I would have been better today, if Everton had scored first. After we went two up, their attitude changed to 'well it's sh1t or bust, so let's go for it'. All we had to do was keep on attacking Everton. They were leaving massive holes at the back, but we seemed to (as usual) take the foot off the gas and think ahh we'll just cruise it now. Big mistake and one we've done before. Any team who comes up against knows we are an excellent attacking team but also a very soft team when put under pressure.

The only answer I can think to correct our weakness is to get in players who can handle the pressure. Players who are winners and have been there before. Unfortunately players that cost too much. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Very poor result today against a very weak Everton side. three points should've been in the bag after going 2-0 up.
    5th place is as good as we can expect. This team is still mentally weak and soft-centred and Bale has to go. ..He's rubbish.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement