Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Tullamore

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Have 2 gripes with them
    1) they stopped stocking the Quorn Deli range which was my saving grace at lunch time. Im seriously not happy about it. :( And dont know where i write to or who i ask..

2) Yesterday while in buying few bits and bobs for dinner and bottle wine, got to self check out.
    Bottle beeps, ask for clearance, hand over my driving licience as its ID in my purse.
    Lady at till says "we dont accept that as ID, we only accept Passport or Garda ID" :confused:

Now anyone above the age of 23 wont generally be issued Garda ID as i have been told by someone who enquired (they like me are baby faced) Im 26.
    (Now i have one since im 18, however, it looks like a differant person totally to me now.)

And i dont bring my Passport anywhere but to the Airport and the likes :confused:
    The most valuable thing i have is my passport and she expects me to bring it shopping?

When a Garda stops (which they haven't thankfully) me he only wants my PHOTOGRAPHIC LEGAL DOCUMENT which is a LICIENCE :eek: WTF ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

[QUOTE=all the stars;63333918

Now anyone above the age of 23 wont generally be issued Garda ID as i have been told by someone who enquired (they like me are baby faced) Im 26.
    [/QUOTE]

Really??
    Maybe you should give them a call and ask, if they aren't going to accept your driving licence, and you don't want to carry your passport, your options are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Clubs generally don't accept driving licences as they are very easy to fake. So Tesco are within there rights to ask for a different ID.

They should accept the age card (Provided its reasonable to assertain its you on it)

The reason a Garda can accept a licence etc is that he/she should be able to spot a fake. A shop teller won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tesco clearly state on signs in the store what forms of ID they accept. This topic has come up here many times before, and the only advice I can offer is to buy somewhere else. Don't get upset with them over their policy - take your business elsewhere.

WRT the Quorn, email head office or the store and ask why they've stopped stocking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

Good to hear that. At least we know kids won't be buying their booze from Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

rohatch wrote: »
    Good to hear that. At least we know kids won't be buying their booze from Tesco.
    They will simply use an older siblings passport! A teenager could easily get their hands on an older brother or sisters passport out of their bedroom etc but the older brother or sister is far more likely to be carrying their driving licence with them meaning kids are more likely to get served drink using someone elses passports instead of driving licence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

(Now i have one since im 18, however, it looks like a differant person totally to me now.)
    I doubt it is as different as you think, it is more common for people think their own photos look very different. I would just bring the garda ID, if they question it then take out the other along with it. If they still refuse the garda ID then I would insist that they call the garda and report you, I would tell some makey up statement like "you do realise that its a criminal offence not to report a suspect garda ID"

Advertisement