Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement licence arrived!

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

When I opened the post this morning I received a replacement licence. No indication on the letter what it was for, so I checked it carefully, dreading the worst - expecting a reduction in my ammo limit or change in conditions.
    What had changed was the text on the back of the licence - "a Rifle by Anschutz of .22 Inches 0.73 bearing the serial number ..." has had the text corrected to drop the reference to 0.73.
    So - expect a replacement in the coming weeks if you've got the "0.73" on your rifle licence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Interesting, maybe they are going through the incorrect licenses and redoing them?
    anyway Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I got new versions of all my recently issued licences in the post this morning too.

As said above, the "0.73" bit has gone, and the coveted "S" is now shown for the relevant firearms.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Nice one, must keep an eye on the post.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Interesting stuff this, I'll have to keep an eye out as well :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My .22lr licence says .220 which is what my old licence said so much for them being new applications looks like a renewal to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Rew wrote: »
    My .22lr licence says .220 which is what my old licence said so much for them being new applications looks like a renewal to me!

Be nice to shoot a Swift for 9 cent a go all the same :D

Rew wrote: »

Haven't got my new licence yet but my .22s always had .220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

got 4 replacements in the post today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got a replacement for my Sako 308.

It now has the "S" in the bottom left hand corner for the mod.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Got my 4 replacements also today, now with the 'S' on my 22lr and .223

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Lucky Lucky B*****ds :D
    Have'nt got any yet let alone replacements.
    Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

My post had nothing..!!!!! so ring the station put on "hold" my passport+forms are still on Supers Intray, i asked its now six weeks so whats the go slow,He`s on a course.!!!
    Ah the penny has droped its a Golf Course he must be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I got new ones with .73 thing missing BUT the ammo reduced to 100 rounds again :mad:

Seems another letter to the Super :rolleyes:

If they worked in a private company they'd ALL be sacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

maybe that the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

I got new ones with .73 thing missing BUT the ammo reduced to 100 rounds again :mad:

Seems another letter to the Super :rolleyes:

If they worked in a private company they'd ALL be sacked

Hi Bunny Shooter, You do know they are just haven a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Still waiting on the original one to come throught yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

clivej wrote: »
    I got a replacement for my Sako 308.

It now has the "S" in the bottom left hand corner for the mod.:D

Same here got my licences weeks ago, replacement ones arrived again this morning this time amended and showing the 'S' on them :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Both myself and my father got all our replacement licenses this morning. All the appropriate firearms had the "S" on it and the 0.73 removed. No change to the ammo amounts.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

lads did these replacements come automatically, or did ye reapply for them ????

ian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

ianoo wrote: »
    lads did these replacements come automatically, or did ye reapply for them ????

ian

They came automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

thanks deerhunter
    looks like i will be watching out for the postman AGAIN !!!!:D:D

IAN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Got the new one today. None of the documented errors on it. Serial correct, S in the bottom corner, ammunition allowance as requested. Spot on. Now to get the article 7 sorted and renew the Europass and we'll collect it very shortly I should hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 atals77

anybody got a contact phone number for the crowd in Clare issuing these licenses. Got my shotgun grant letter weeks ago. sent off cheque, got receipt, but no license yet. Got my rifles grant letters after the shotgun and got my licences for these weeks ago.
    I think the shotgun licence is MIA. No license, no ammo.

FPU is no help. They referred me to my local station. They were no help either. Not expecting much in the line of help if the Gardai go on a go slow with all the other civil servants.

Advertisement