Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick - Down Memory Lane - Sean Curtin

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Any of ye know these books? Saw them in the Limerick History Library out in Dooradoyle yesterday, the new library beside motor tax. A collection of pohot's from Limerick past, names and all included. Man there are some unreal photos!!! Absolutely brilliant stuff. I cant recommend them highly enough. Would warm the heart and open you eyes to our cities past.
    And guaranteed you will find a relation in one of them!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

There are a large seletion of these downstairs in Easons. Great Christmas present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Volume 9 is out at the moment. These books are a great addition for your personal library.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My Dad has the full collection (I think), and they're fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have all nine of them, the later volumes are not as good. he should start showing more pictures of the 70s and 80s now. the pictures of people from the 50s and 60s mean nothing to people that don't know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

the pictures of people from the 50s and 60s mean nothing to people that don't know them.

What?? If you are a fan of photography you'll appreciate a good picture for what it is, not for who's in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement