Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Two 360-degree panoramas

• 04-12-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Click for larger.

4156765224_8a2ffe500c.jpg

4156490891_e10667028e.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Great shots! The cobblestones give a nice distorted wide angle effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Brilliant Fenster! Must try something like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

On balance, I prefer the second one and the reason for that is that I think it was shot from a slightly different angle.

I don't know how feasible it is but I would aim to try and get the tips of the buildings in next time out...just a comment.

All told, I think the processing is first class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Fahy Foto might be interested in your second one! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

foto joe wrote: »

I had the exact same thought as I snapped it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

foto joe wrote: »

Whos that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Great shots, know the area well! V interesting angle on Shop Street.. Would like to see it at night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

TelePaul wrote: »
    Whos that now?

The photographic shop just to the left on the second picture. Shop St., Galway btw. Great guys, they gave me my DSLR so can't say a bad word about them! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Fantastic shots, Fenster!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

gary82 wrote: »
    The photographic shop just to the left on the second picture. Shop St., Galway btw. Great guys, they gave me my DSLR so can't say a bad word about them! ;)

ditto, great experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

#1 for me - totally because the cobbled stones line up better. Great shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Mark

Those are stunning

Cheers all! More to come tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Lovely work, well done, bring on the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Fenster, they are both great shots and very well done.

I've taken a few panoramas recently, and the only advice i was given by a professional architectural photog is to try and correct the perspective a bit, so that you don't have the effect of the buildings "leaning away" from you.

If you had two grand burning a hole in your back pocket you could buy a tilt-shift lens and do this when capturing the image and not in post, but either way the effect is the same ;)

Arciphel wrote: »
    Fenster, they are both great shots and very well done.

I've taken a few panoramas recently, and the only advice i was given by a professional architectural photog is to try and correct the perspective a bit, so that you don't have the effect of the buildings "leaning away" from you.

If you had two grand burning a hole in your back pocket you could buy a tilt-shift lens and do this when capturing the image and not in post, but either way the effect is the same ;)

I would kill for a tilt-shift lens. Really. Cousins bothering you? Otherwise I plan to have another go of it tomorrow with a better eye on angles - I have a few locations in mind that I've never used before. Alas that the third panorama I captured looked well crap when processed.

Advertisement