Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google cache?

• 04-12-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently tried hypnosis as treatment for XXXXXXXXX. I went ahead with it because they used the whole "nothing to lose, money back if it doesn't work" etc. They even told me to have a look on their site where it specified that the did offer a money back guarantee.
    The hypnosis didn't work and they have since amended their site so it doesn't state the money back bit anymore but I want my €350 back!
    I have heard of google cache where you can display pages from a good while ago. I think I saw it used by some people on Boards arguing about posts being removed or something like that.
    Can anyone help me find the page that was displayed on their site back in July?

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place but this seemed the most suitable forum to post it on.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

smellyanus wrote: »
    Hi
    I recently tried hypnosis as treatment for XXXXXXXXX. I went ahead with it because they used the whole "nothing to lose, money back if it doesn't work" etc. They even told me to have a look on their site where it specified that the did offer a money back guarantee.
    The hypnosis didn't work and they have since amended their site so it doesn't state the money back bit anymore but I want my €350 back!
    I have heard of google cache where you can display pages from a good while ago. I think I saw it used by some people on Boards arguing about posts being removed or something like that.
    Can anyone help me find the page that was displayed on their site back in July?

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place but this seemed the most suitable forum to post it on.
    Thanks

archive.org might be more appropriate for this if it's time specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

Thanks Spear, unfortunately archive.org is only updated as far as July last year and it doesn't have the info I need. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

If you happen to visit it on any computer... and not visited it since (if you visited it since it would have downloaded the new copy)
    you might be able to go into work offline mode and bring it up.
    *very slight chance at this stage*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

or... if you remember what it looked like, one of us could do it up in photoshop and send you a screenshot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

have a look at this page.
    lists a few methods

http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/others/archive.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

samhail wrote: »
    If you happen to visit it on any computer... and not visited it since (if you visited it since it would have downloaded the new copy)
    you might be able to go into work offline mode and bring it up.
    *very slight chance at this stage*

Check your browsers cache settings. IE has an option to never get a new version. However since you have seen the site not having the money back offer, this may not be much use, unless you used a different PC

Advertisement