Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC remote

• 04-12-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any recommendations for a PC remote?

Too damn lazy to get off sofa to change tv shows or pause movies :)

So want to get one of these little doo hickeys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

A child????? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

this would generally be recognised as one of the best performing PC remotes.
    Logitech Harmony

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/&cl=roeu,en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I use a small wireless keyboard, which as a built in mouse tracker pad, it looks kind of like half a laptop :)

I paid about 20 for it in argos about a year ago.

Also I use a logitech wireless keyboard mouse combo at the desktop pc but that came with a nice but basic media remote with 3 customisable buttons that was 60 i think.

Not really as good as the one posted above but definitely cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im all for logitech options. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard of theres, and a headset, and you probably couldnt convince me to switch off to another brand right now. they are performing excellently both in quality of product and support.

The harmony is really mostly about being a Universal remote and might be overkill for your intended use. I'd reccomend the MK300 combo, the keyboard has all of the pause and volume controls on it already. The range and the responsiveness of the mouse wont dissapoint either. If its anything like the V450 Nano (Now reclassed as the MK505) of theirs it will perform as quickly as a wired mouse and the battery will literally last for months, and I game a lot with it. And with a 5 year standard warranty, its a hell of a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Not sure of the name but they had these wireless mouses in school that worked where you hold in the button at the bottom and tilt the mouse forward/back side/side to move the mouse pointer. was very handy to use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement