Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a Heat Pump with an LPG Boiler - Advice Please

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Following years of problems with our Heat Pump it finally died and I have no desire to replace it with a new one.

We previously had an LPG Gas Boiler and still use it for cooking, the question I have is can I simply install a new LPG boiler to the existing pipework, and should it work ok? We have Underfloor Downstairs and Rads upstairs.

Also need some idea of costs - I can pick up a combi boiler for around €1200 (BAXI Megalflo) from Heatmerchants, but would need a plumber to install and comission it - Anyone have any thoughts on this they could share please?

BTW a replacement Heat Pump is coming in at around €6500 with about €3000 in grants.

Thanks

Advertisement