Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive and degrading moderator

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I had a terrible experience with an incredibly obnoxious and abusive moderator. I happen to support my third level studies by working part time as a call girl. Not everyones cup of tea, I know, I attempted o start a discussion on the After Hours forum about the topic and to see if there was anyone else out there in a similar situation. I was not soliciting nor was there anything obscene or offensive about my post. Unless the idea of a call girl is offensive to some, I understand that it is. Unfortunately a moderator on that forum theZohan took offense and not only deleted my post (fair enough) but also imposed a permanent ban. His replies to my civil queries were offensive and degrading, his final message:

<snip>

I can't find a way to find my reply to this, there doesnt seem to be an option to view sent messages and Zohan didn't include my text in the reply he sent incorrectly indicating the ban had been lifted and expressing his distaste. I belive my message informed him that my 'wares' would include my various orifices and (on occasion) toes which I had absolutly no intention of discussing. I'm sure he has a copy of the message.

Is this an acceptable attitude for moderators to have? As I said I felt degraded and insulted by this. I contacted two other moderators on that forum hoping to have the issue dealt with but they have so far ignored my messages. I know I could just open a new account but its a matter of principle. After the treatment I received here I don't believe it's a site I wish to use.

Regards,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you have a problem with a PM you've recieved, report it by using the report.gif icon at the right hand side of the private message. The Admins will then review them.

You don't post up private messages in public without the consent of the other party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indubinista

OK I've done this, I've also reported it to other moderators. The problem is it's a moderator who's behavior is in question and it seems as if there is a certain amount of wagon circling.

Not really, that's why there are layers above Moderators to examine things.

We'll have a look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indubinista

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I beleve the Category Mod (AlmightyCushion) has been in touch with you via PM, and offered a solution.

The solution seems a fair one to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement