Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MsC in Business analytics

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here do that course?

I'm currently finishing up my final year in NCI doing Business Information Systems and want to go on to do a Master degree.

This course was recommended to me, seemingly assosiated with the Michael Smurfit group, which is sounds kinda flashy :)

Anyone here do the course and can give me some insight, the online prospectus just gives the usual waffle, always find talking to students involved gives me a better idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

TheDoc wrote: »
    Does anyone here do that course?

I'm currently finishing up my final year in NCI doing Business Information Systems and want to go on to do a Master degree.

This course was recommended to me, seemingly assosiated with the Michael Smurfit group, which is sounds kinda flashy :)

Anyone here do the course and can give me some insight, the online prospectus just gives the usual waffle, always find talking to students involved gives me a better idea.

I think it is the first year. there is no such thing as the Michael Smurfit Group. What you are thinking of is UCD's graduate business school mostly located on the Blackrock Campus and is sponsored by Smurfit hence the name UCD's Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.

Anyway, I heard the course has a very attractive structure and is serviced by some of the top people in the MIS department.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

It's EU funded aswell, or something like that, so the fees are only €2000. You could do a lot worse, and I imagine entry will be competitive this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

The Michael Smurfit School of Business is not connected to the Smurfit group, just as the Kemmy School of business is not connected to the Labour Party.

The MSc in Business Analytics has a substantial computer content, but also has a strong mathematical element which wouldn't be found in the typical Business Information Systems programme.

Also see previous discussion in the Postgraduate forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055470240

Advertisement