Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn v Liverpool Match Thread Sat 3pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

OPENROAD wrote: »

Good to see they're not all blind.
    The man talks alot of sense, going to book mark this link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    haven't seen it since maybe he went gone down easy, meh tbh.

He dived, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That site is run by someone who refuses to meet for talks with Liverpool fans Union SOS re:the slanderous articles he's written about them & give interviews to the republic of mancunia website slating Liverpool. also a few articles in the last few weeks singing the praises of our american owners claiming they saved our club.

either its someone on a wind up or the person involved is beyond help.

re:the diving incident, only saw it live, thought the lad stood on his foot, haven't seen it since maybe he went gone down easy, meh tbh.

It was a dive. No contact was made, and it has been shown many times on tv since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlXYl2p7Xw&feature=player_embedded#

seems to make a habit off it against blackburn :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

kida wrote: »

I.G.N.O.R.E

I.G.N.O.R.E

its hard to ignore him when he keeps diving :p

its hard to ignore him when he keeps diving :p
    Wasn't talking about Gerrard. think its a problem with his balance. I come to praise him not bury him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

must be something about that club that brings it out of people, as i'm fairly sure Roy Keane once got sent off for diving against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

must be something about that club that brings it out of people, as i'm fairly sure Roy Keane once got sent off for diving against them.

More likely that he got sent off for kicking someone. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When the hell was that?

Ah there he is, fighting with the dubs in 97 http://soccer-ireland.com/saipan/roy-keane/career-lows.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

You must be wrong, an Irish player would never engange in such an act :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Wasn't talking about Gerrard. think its a problem with his balance. I come to praise him not bury him

thats tongue in cheek right?

right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thought the lad stood on his foot, haven't seen it since maybe he went gone down easy, meh tbh.

no contact from either of the angles i saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

7662.a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_gerrarddive.gif

Did he get booked for it?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

Did he get booked for it?

Has had virtually no coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Rooney and gerrard have a bet going imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2sohlAv04

because he's English
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Rooney and gerrard have a bet going imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2sohlAv04

looks at post then looks at title of thread
    :confused:

Headshot wrote: »
    because he's English

Was it mentioned on rte on The Premiership?

Was it mentioned on rte on The Premiership?

I dont know

was it ?

• Advertisement

because he's English

looks at post then looks at title of thread
    :confused:

Its a dive against blackburn, i figured it was safe enough in amongst the chat of roy keane.

I dont know

was it ?

Don't know, didn't see it, just interested to know.

Its a dive against blackburn, i figured it was safe enough in amongst the chat of roy keane.

big difference between that and what you posted tbh
    Don't know, didn't see it, just interested to know.

all i remember from the The Premiership show on RTE was whelan speaking gospel again

big difference between that and what you posted tbh

all i remember from the The Premiership show on RTE was whelan speaking gospel again

Please enlighten me as to the 'big difference' between roy keane getting sent off for diving in 1995 and rooney/gerrard diving against the same club?

Please enlighten me as to the 'big difference' between roy keane getting sent off for diving in 1995 and rooney/gerrard diving against the same club?

like 14 years in the difference ;) and the player doesnt play for utd anymore

you know well what your were trying to achieve by that post above

ill leave at that tbh I dont want to go off topic

like 14 years in the difference ;) and the player doesnt play for utd anymore

you know well what your were trying to achieve by that post above

ill leave at that tbh I dont want to go off topic

Ermmm, so something that happened 14 years ago is not off topic?:confused::), i simply posted a clip of another english player diving against b'burn, far more recent :)

Wasnt trying to achieve anything, said quite a few times before that i think match threads should close an hour after a game, otherwise they just end up in a big dick swinging off topic discussion as they invariably do.

From F365 - what a joke
    The Daily Mail, that last bastion of moral decency and keepers of the flame that is fairness and sportsmanship, have been running a campaign for a while against diving, hoping to rid our game of this appalling scourge.

Launching the campaign back in September, the paper wrote: 'Today Sportsmail launches a campaign aimed at shaming football's divers. It is called simulation, but it is cheating. Players falling theatrically, conning referees, deceiving opponents and, ultimately, cheating supporters...

'We believe our campaign will embarrass the cheats into staying on their feet. We also ask our readers to join us in our crusade by exposing the conmen. Contact our diving department (right) and we will publish the names online and in print...Today we ask for your help. Expose the cheats.'

Today they offer the latest instalment of their crusade, lambasting Herman Hreidarsson for joining the 'ever-growing list of players who have successfully duped a referee this season'. This is ignoring the fact that the big man clearly just fell over, and admitted on Match Of The Day that it wasn't a penalty.

Mediawatch assumed that this effort to expose the 'cheats' extended across the Premier League, so skipped to their report of the Blackburn v Liverpool match, expecting to see similar outrage.

Curiously, there is absolutely no mention of brave England hero Steven Gerrard's tumble.

How very strange.
    The Mail weren't the only offenders though. The Sun fails to mention the incident, preferring to big up Stevie for managing 500 Liverpool games, while The Daily Mirror dismisses it as a 'penalty shout' and describes Gerrard as 'one of this country's best ever players'.

The Guardian developed a similar Wenger-esque selective vision, The Times only mentions Gerrard's name in passing despite giving half the page over to a picture of him, and The Daily Express only includes him in a quote from Rafa Benitez.

However, the award for finest sin of omission goes to The Daily Telegraph's Henry Winter, who you may recall spent much of the last couple of weeks demanding Thierry Henry be banned from the World Cup for cheating, and who 'Tweeted' on Saturday: 'Justice! Watching Portsmouth-Burnley in Cape Town cafe...and everyone could see Hreidarsson had dived'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gerrard dived, where's the shock, he dived last season against Atletico Madrid in the CL. He also fouls people whenever he loses the ball.

Rooney also dives.

Really makes me laugh when EPL nuthuggers go on about how honest the English game is and the really honest English players. Those damn foreigners like Reyes and Eduardo who poison the game with diving.:rolleyes:

Ush1 wrote: »
    Gerrard dived, where's the shock, he dived last season against Atletico Madrid in the CL. He also fouls people whenever he loses the ball.

Rooney also dives.

Really makes me laugh when EPL nuthuggers go on about how honest the English game is and the really honest English players. Those damn foreigners like Reyes and Eduardo who poison the game with diving.:rolleyes:
    Sorry did Gerrard actually dive in the Blackburn game?

Yeah

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Yeah

You could argue defender made no attempt to play ball. Gerrard not the worse. Still drogba for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

You could argue defender made no attempt to play ball. Gerrard not the worse. Still drogba for me.
    lol, Drogba is decent at it at least.

You could argue defender made no attempt to play ball.

I'm sure you could, you would be wrong though, clear dive.
    Gerrard not the worse. Still drogba for me.

Both on a par at this stage.

CHD wrote: »
    lol, Drogba is decent at it at least.
    Yeah Drogba backs into the defender who has zero chance of getting the ball and he wins a free. One of which cost us a goal in Champions league last year.

Yes, and it's not one bit out of character for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yeah Drogba backs into the defender who has zero chance of getting the ball and he wins a free. One of which cost us a goal in Champions league last year.
    Yeah that was sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

still talking about diving i see.

Gerrard does it. rooney does it. drogba does it. they all do it.

i still don't see the point in telling us all over and over what a disgrace Gerrard is. they're all a disgrace at any given time.

the english media turn a blind eye to all English footballers diving, not just Stevie.

the view must be awesome from on top of those horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Lol at certain fans saying Gerrard dives :D Does a bear **** in the woods? He is at least on a par with the likes of Rooney when it comes to diving but neither are in the same league as Dropba.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    but neither are in the same league as Dropba.

what does this mean?

if you're a diver, you're diver in my book.

pointing at someone else as 'worse' doesn't mean someone who does it less frequently or isn't as good at it should be somehow commended.

diving is diving is diving.

• Advertisement

i disagree Slick, some players are far worse than others.

for example, Roy Keane & Didier Drogba, both divers....end if discussion in your book.

i disagree, Drogba is a stain on the game with his constant theatrics, Roy Keane was a credit to the game despite a few flaws on his record.

SlickRic wrote: »
    what does this mean?

if you're a diver, you're diver in my book.

pointing at someone else as 'worse' doesn't mean someone who does it less frequently or isn't as good at it should be somehow commended.

diving is diving is diving.
    Gerrard dives. We get it. But also scores great goals against Olympiakos and West Ham

Gerrard dives. We get it. But also scores great goals against Olympiakos and West Ham

um, i know he does.

him scoring great goals isn't part of the discussion.

and Al, i take your point. if you compare drogba and somone like keane, ok.

i more meant trying to justify Gerrard's actions simply by bringing Drogba's name up doesn't sit well with me.

i disagree Slick, some players are far worse than others.

for example, Roy Keane & Didier Drogba, both divers....end if discussion in your book.

i disagree, Drogba is a stain on the game with his constant theatrics, Roy Keane was a credit to the game despite a few flaws on his record.

I'm guessing you're not a Chelsea fan.
    Diving or not, Drogba has undoubted ability. A diver is a diver, once or 1000 times.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're not a Chelsea fan.
    Diving or not, Drogba has undoubted ability. A diver is diver, once or 1000 times.
    Yes may i say for a bit of balance that it was refreshing to see Arshavin stay up after he was tackled by defender in penalty area at the weekend. Defender though got him second time round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Gerrard in diving shocker. Give it a break. It's easy to isolate individual incidents. It's only fair that it's done for every case so. Berba got a yellow in Moscow for an awful dive - anyone got a gif of that?

• Advertisement

Gerrard in diving shocker. Give it a break. It's easy to isolate individual incidents. It's only fair that it's done for every case so. Berba got a yellow in Moscow for an awful dive - anyone got a gif of that?

Gerrard is a prolific cheat and hypocrite of the highest order, he should have his own thread which catalogues his large every growing collection of star fishes.

Gerrard is a prolific cheat and hypocrite of the highest order, he should have his own thread

if you start one with Stevie, i'll start one with Rooney.

imagine the fun. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Gerrard is a prolific cheat and hypocrite of the highest order, he should have his own thread which catalogues his large every growing collection of star fishes.

Yes we all know your love for him - he'd be locked up in prison still if you'd your way as I remember you had him guilty after day one of the trial! You could have a list as long as your arm of all the players that cheat. Any luck with that gif of Berba cheating?

SlickRic wrote: »
    if you start one with Stevie, i'll start one with Rooney.

imagine the fun. :rolleyes:

Rooney came out and apologised for diving.

Gerrard came out and said it sickened him.

Start away.

Yes we all know your love for him - he'd be locked up in prison still if you'd your way as I remember you had him guilty after day one of the trial!

Had him guilty before the trial.

I saw the fooking video. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement