Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have a look at this ad

Options
  • 04-12-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

are people really this stupid
    2u4q0hx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

were is this 'store' ?
    Maccarthy land !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, there was that story in the media this week about the growing of a pork chop in the lab...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

jap gt wrote: »
    2u4q0hx.jpg

Ha, ha , ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha ,ha ,ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha.....................ah ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.......God i think i p***ed myself a little.

Reminds me when i was a kid and a teacher asked what we would do for milk if all the cows in the world died. A lad stood up and stated "It wouldn't bother me sir, i'd still get mine from the shop". Priceless.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Still though, you have to wonder. If this becomes how we get our meat in the future, how long until the various animal rights activists suddenly notice that cows, sheep, pigs and other farmyard animals have hit the endangered species list?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sparks wrote: »
    ............. If this becomes how we get our meat in the future, .........?

No problem with that...............as long as they do they gravy, potatoes and veg with it. Drive through labs. Think i've just discovered a new market. I can see the advert now.

"Drop into McLabs for that delicious pork family bucket, watch as your meal is grown right infront of you".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

2009-12-02-makin-bacon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

if you are what you eat, would that make vegetarians vegetables:D

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

When I worked in a slaughter house, a female visitor asked Big Colin who was salting hides at the time, " where do the skins go after here?" Big Col answered "back to the farm to be repacked".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Could of been written by the guy on RTE yesterday who said "sing to your Christmas tree and it will last longer" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

4gun wrote: »
    if you are what you eat, would that make vegetarians vegetables:D

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

I'll get me coat...................

• Advertisement

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Put it this way, if we're ever on the same flight, you better pay attention during the safety briefing's section on mountain landings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Ha ha the lack of Protein from not eating meat obviously impared the brain function :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Sandy22 wrote: »

well...the rich eat the poor:o
    i've seen a maneating woman:eek: the space between man and eating is all important in that phrase:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

Sounds like something Homer Simpson would say when talking to Ned Flanders
    W.T.F = (why the face)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

SIGH!!!......Time for some bleach in the gene pool God,if you are listening!!;).Is it just me or is this world just dumbing down somthing quick???:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭shannonpowerlab

jap gt wrote: »
    2u4q0hx.jpg

Amazing...Somebody put it on print...But...that sort of thought process goes on everywhere...

NAMA,
    Electric car,
    Wind energy
    Waste management,
    National budget
    Education
    blah blah...

Not many people ask a simple but real quesiton...
    "where does it come from...?"

Nice one though.:)
    So maybe not so surprizing...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

What a breakthrough, someone has managed to create a blob from what could have been a perfect chop if it was left in the pig. Now the blob needs a bit of stretching and pounding to become the new spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

Very funny, but it must have been a piss take advert, but well done.

HJ:)

What a breakthrough, someone has managed to create a blob from what could have been a perfect chop if it was left in the pig. Now the blob needs a bit of stretching and pounding to become the new spam.

Did I say something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Did I say something wrong?

No you didn't. Refering to that scientist who's growing pork blob in a jar. He's refering to growing "meat" from a few cells in a nutrient solution in a lab and it all being a lot more environmentally friendly than farming and blah blah blah and what does he use for his nutrient solution ? Animal foetuses ! And where do they come from I wonder....is it like impregnating 15 pigs to provide enough slush to grow a few cubic inches of blob ? Or is it more efficient ?

Anyway, I want my chops with a bone on them, see if he can grow that.

• Advertisement

:D It is slightly more useful than that y'know steve :D

I do not know if it is true or not but a while ago, say might have been about 18 years ago or so, I heard of a primary school teacher in New york thought, lets see how much or little do these kids know about what they eat.

So to test it, the teacher got all the kids in the classroom to draw a chicken.

To her surprise only half the classroon knew what they looked like, 6 out of 24 drew a chicken with 4 legs, 2 did not know it had beaks so on.

I think all kids should be taken to a meat factory for a school trip!!!.:D

Advertisement