Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suburban Dream - We Still Do It

• 04-12-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

New hip hop/ chill to kick back to, enjoy ;)

Feedback welcome!

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Really nice track. Reminds me of some of Shadow's stuff a bit without mimicing it. Whats the vocal sample from? And you can't beat a Bansky montage vid :D

Really like Music Box on the youtube page as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

nice track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭crowdcontrol

Cheers folks for giving it a spin, glad yee like it :)

Cheers Ste for checking out Music Box... thats one i did a few months back. The vocal in "We Still Do It" comes from an old documentary called Hoffmans Magic Potion.

Ta again for the feedback!

Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nice beat. Have you got an LP on the way?

Cheers Orizio, Yes I hope to have an album ready for the early months of the new year. All the tracks are written, just mixing em at the moment. Right now I'm just going digital from Beatport etc but yep, fingers crossed a CD by March!

Will post new tracks as they are done!

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

look forward to hearing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Make sure you drop back in here if you release something.

Cheers folks, again appreciate the feedback, will post next release in the next few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Wow, sorry is that you?

That's a f**kin sweet track dude.

Can't wait for the next one.

I'm liking the Chill Out vibe from this song.

Works well. Top marks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Just listened to this now, its really good!

Looking forward to hearing more stuff from ya!

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, so happy with this feedback. This track became the track from hell as I couldn't decide if I was going the wrong direction with the whole G Funk hint at the end. Thought maybe the flute bit was a bit OTT, but then ya always get too precious about these things :)

If any of you people are on facebook, feel fee to add my label!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suburban-Dream-Recordings/53296861470?ref=ts

Also, heres one I released in August, u might like it.

Cheers
    Ciaran

keep up the good work, really impressed

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    keep up the good work, really impressed

Cheers man, much appreciated!

Ciaran

Any more stuff lad? Loved this.

Hey there Osu, haven't been in the forums since that password incident, have only sorted my account today!

Yes, there are new tunes on the way, will post a link. Gonna stick it into a fresh new post as this one is a wee bit old.

Glad you like the tunes posted so far, appreciate the feedback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

savage material man, when the album is done drop me a line @ thechopshoppodcast@gmail.com and i'll give the cd some pub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

How did I miss this? quality stuff man, keep it up.

Cheers Jay Ru, much appreciated, I will indeed be in touch, glad u liked the tunes. Cheers also Seaneh for checking the tunes. Its great people are digging the sound. Album is a painful process but I'm getting there. I have been plagued with problems since buying a Virus TI2 last year. Finally seem to have gotten things to stabilize in the studio so shouldn't be long now. Will have a few more You Tube links in the coming weeks :)

Ciaran
    Suburban Dream

Cheers Jay Ru, much appreciated, I will indeed be in touch, glad u liked the tunes. Cheers also Seaneh for checking the tunes. Its great people are digging the sound. Album is a painful process but I'm getting there. I have been plagued with problems since buying a Virus TI2 last year. Finally seem to have gotten things to stabilize in the studio so shouldn't be long now. Will have a few more You Tube links in the coming weeks :)

Ciaran
    Suburban Dream

Any updates dude?

Le King wrote: »
    Any updates dude?

Yo there, sorry, I've not been on Boards in a bit. Been swamped with FB and so on. I posted a few more tracks a wee bit back, I've banged em below. I have a few more tunes ready to go, just a hold on at the moment as theres been some label interest. I don't know whether to go with a label or continue alone....

These are a bit more on the downtempo electronica side. I would do more hip hop only I need someone who can spit :)

Have a new track ready to rock, it's hip hop and I'll post it as soon as I decide whether to label it or not.

Cheers man!

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spiritual17

This is very nice. Listen to this daily on the way to work. Funny thing is my friend is a music artist and his right hand man took this song and sampled it in one of his songs. I heard it first before ever coming across this song and that was two years ago. I have a link that I will post later tonight since I can't exactly do that from a iPad. Hope this post is still active.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spiritual17

he it is. tell me what you think?
    LuV TxT.mp3 - 4.21MB

Advertisement