Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs destroying items being delivered by post

Options
  • 04-12-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but yesterday I received a package from China of a purchase made from a 100% approve seller. I ordered a camera bag for my camera and lens'.

It was wrapped in a clear bag which was unopened and then put in a yellow wrap and posted. Customs however must have made a check on what was inside and slashed open the packaging without a care for what was inside and have ruined the bag, slashing straight through the opening compartment leaving it useless.

I can return it to where I bought it from for a replacement but I may not get refunded the cost of me reshipping, and of course being this time of year it's going to be a wait and a plain annoyance.

Is there any point in making a complaint to customs or the Post or is there anything I should do in this situation? I'd be afraid of it happening again once the crowd I'm dealing with in China resend a new bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I'd say get onto AnPost sayign exactly what you have said here, they should put you in touch with Customs.

You might be left reordering and getting Customs to pay back the cost. Best to go throught them thou

Advertisement