Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG101 article on Suikoden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

That was a great series alright. I really hope they make a sixth installment. Five was fantastic but I think the lower quality of four contributed to its undeservedly low sales. I'm still waiting to play suikoden III.

Jesus...look at how ****e the American cover art is.:eek: I would'nt even recognise the Suikoden characters/universe from it. I've always hated American video game covers though.

Suikoden%20Cover.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know, it's nothing like the game at all. It's one of the worst videogame covers ever.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I know, it's nothing like the game at all. It's one of the worst videogame covers ever.

I'm going to guess who the characters are. Top left= Emperor Barbarossa,Centre left=Pahn,Lower left=...Windy maybe?(I'm only saying her as Barbarossa is shown.

Top right=...I hope I'm wrong...Tir McDohl.(He has the same weapon.)
    Centre right=Maybe Cleo,but it could be any generic female fantasy game character. Please don't say that's supposed to be Toran castle in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Which ones are good again? I have one on the PS3 but haven't tried it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 1: very Good
    Suikoden 2: ****ing Amazing, strong candidate for best JRPG ever due to just how good the story is
    Suikoden 3: Very Good but just isn't as epic as previous games and the plot loses pacenear the end. Only available as a US NTSC game.
    Suikoden 4: PRetty bad, for fans only and even they will struggle with it. Frustrating encounter rate and very poor story.
    Suikoden 5: Brilliant but no quite Suikoden 2 standards. Very slow to start (and by very I mean the first 4-5 hours are boring and nothing special). However once you hit the twist and the story starts it'sall good from there. Wonderful stuff.

Haven't played Suikoden Tactics yetbut it'ssupposedly an ok SRPG and Suikoden Tierkreison the DS is supposedly excellent but doesn't fit the suikoden timeline or formula.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Suikoden 5: Brilliant but no quite Suikoden 2 standards. Very slow to start (and by very I mean the first 4-5 hours are boring and nothing special). However once you hit the twist and the story starts it'sall good from there. Wonderful stuff.
    I loved Suikoden V. It was the 1st, and only, Suikoden game that i've played. Some great story elements, and i really enjoyed the Strategic Battles.

You'll love suikoden 2 then since suikoden 5 is very close to it. I know it's rare and expensive but really any JRPG fan owes it to themselves to try and play suikoden 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Haven't played Suikoden Tactics yetbut it'ssupposedly an ok SRPG and Suikoden Tierkreison the DS is supposedly excellent but doesn't fit the suikoden timeline or formula.

Suikoden Tactics is a decent SRPG, in fact I'd say it's better than Suikoden IV itself. Tierkreis is excellent, if you don't care that it doesn't fit in with the timeline (and you shouldn't because it's got a great story in it's own right), it's well worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That's an interesting article. I've only played the first and second games in the series, I didn't like the look of the direction the series took after that.

That American cover is truly hideous, like Mortal Kombat crossed with Masters of the Universe...

• Advertisement
Advertisement