Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you top up a prepay phone from your billpay account with O2?

• 04-12-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can top up a pre pay phone (my wife's) from another o2 bill pay (mine) account please?

It will have an influence on my network choice when I'm due an upgrade in Jan.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You most certainly can.

Mrs. Dunne tops up my O2 pre-pay all the time for me with her bill pay account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

appreciate the info. Do you have to wait 6 months until o2 decide you are an ok risk, similarly with roaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye you can do it online, or setup a laser or credit card and then you can ring 1749 and its done automatically, or send a text with the number and amount you want to setup, so plenty ways.

Roaming is setup automatically.

appreciate your excellent advice, as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 misnomer

Dial 1743 from your o2 bill phone and you can top up a prepay phone and put the amount directly on to your bill no need to register any laser card details

• Advertisement

I had avoided o2 because their UK roaming wasn't as price friendly as that of VF. Then I looked today and they are the same. Free to receive etc..

Now when I'm up for an upgrade at the beginning of Feb and I want an iPhone I can choose between o2 and VF. VF data roaming still looks a bit better though (as long as you have a data add-on and use a particular APN).

Thanks for info.

Advertisement