Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst present ever

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I swear I think my family suffer from dementia cant wait to see what I get this year :p

I think your family just dont like you! lol

I always got great presents, but they always came broken, or something missing. (and no they didnt come off the back of a truck!) Always bought in toymaster or somewhere creditable. from action man helicopters to two playstations, (the replacement and replacements replacement!)
    Must have beens on santa's kinda naughty list!
    Worst present i ever got was really fake cheap ass tennage mutant ninja turtles figures from like a poundshop or market. broke as soon as i opened em, also the godparents gift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I got bought a gameboy game and i had no gameboy :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

one of those mugs with your name on...but it was the wrong name....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

When you're a kid there's nothing worse then getting something as a present, even though you got one yourself beforehand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

The worst present I ever got was a bunch of handkerchiefs from a ( now deceased ) friend of my grandmothers. Can't say I didn't see it coming; My brother got the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    When you're a kid there's nothing worse then getting something as a present, even though you got one yourself beforehand :(
    I have to admit, this sentence is lost on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

Stella777 wrote: »
    I received a book from my husband. It was called...

"How to Be a Good Wife." Seriously.

That man is a genius! hold onto him dearly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

A pair of socks from my sister.
    Wasn't that bad, in fairness, until I noticed that my other sister got me a pair of socks too...

Could have been worse, you could have gotten one sock from each of them to make a pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

A doorstop - Hilarious mother of mine...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Oh I have another:rolleyes:
    A tea set with little cups annd saucers but I was about 13 at the time. It was a friend of my granny though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Last year this woman who's friends with my parents gave me oven gloves. :confused::confused: The most difficult thing I cook is toasted sandwiches..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I have to admit, this sentence is lost on me!
    When you're a kid and you already have a Power Ranger figure, for example. Then if someone gets you the exact same figure for Christmas (because they didn't know you already had it), all you can think when you get it is "Oh, is that it? But I already have that... :("

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fishypancake

Last year I got a prostate exam in arkansas....now im technically married to a man.... worst x-mas ever....well I did get lots of nice wedding gifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lily of the valley scented drawer-liners (behave!) from my aunt a few years ago, which I'm convinced were intended for my gran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 MickBeth

I got A well used Rucsack my father used in the 70's.......THEN to try and "sell" me the idea it was cool He said he once got sick in it at a David Bowie concert!!! :eek: What the hell Da!?!?!?

BluesBerry wrote: »
    3 bic cigarette lighters from my brother he was 19 at the time there was just no excuse none at all:mad:

I still think he forgot and emptied out his pockets and wrapped them up he swears blind it took him ages to pick them out :p

And a 100 pack of tea light candles from the mammy (reduced from pennys cause I was with her that day she bought them)

Little Niece bought me a car airfreshner (tweety pie one)

I swear I think my family suffer from dementia cant wait to see what I get this year :p

Im hoping for some fire lighters:D

Well Tis the Season to Freeze Thine arse off......

Although if you want my aunty Runs a newsagent's
    And I'm sure i could "score" some for you.....

Davidius wrote: »
    My brother once gave me a box with a brick in it and the word "Hello" written on 3 strips of paper.

I thought it was funny.

SO DO I!!! :D

I know a woman who got a wheelie bin from her husband for Christmas ... "well, you said you needed one!" :D

What SERIOUSLEY!!!!

IS ALL ROMANCE DEAD?!?!?

MickBeth wrote: »
    I got A well used Rucsack my father used in the 70's.......THEN to try and "sell" me the idea it was cool He said he once got sick in it at a David Bowie concert!!! :eek: What the hell Da!?!?!?

That is the greatest present ever. Tempted to move this to the appropriate thread :P

chilly wrote: »
    Just what every woman wants...an army camoflage sleeping bag with "Secret pocket for a knife!" written on the tag. It was all wrapped up with a gold bow around.

Worse still I got it during a period of long illness that meant I was unable to get out of bed for months at a time. I've never been camping in my life. I'm not that kind of girl really. I have no idea what the motivation was. Maybe they thought the floor would provide a change of scenery for me.:rolleyes:

AWWW Bless!!!!

I know what that's like after i got out of Hospital After a Year in side my da' got me a Pack of Fags and said "sure you're grand now Wha'?"
    To this day I remain perplexed as to his knowledge behined this.....so do tou think this year will hold Any Suprises for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

I got a nappy bag.

It would have been grand if I had kids I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

Ha Ha,
    We have strange families.
    I once got a kiddies roll on glitter heart thing , to get my arms all glittery and love hearty I suppose? I was in my 20's and pregnant with first child at time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

A water cooler

Reason: Because i see you drink water a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I got a Bebo page off a friend once, I got him Bainestoir Hurling Manager thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Davidius wrote: »
    My brother once gave me a box with a brick in it and the word "Hello" written on 3 strips of paper.

I thought it was funny.

I remember that. :D I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

My darling uncle got me a lovely pink princess doorbell yoke for my bedroom door...I was 15.
    Last xmas I had no idea what to buy my mother for xmas. She asked for the wii fit game but I didn't have the funds. So I improvised with Rosemary Conlons fitness DVD...that I wrapped in tinfoil and left the special offer price sticker on.
    She still hasn't forgiven me.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

When I was into wrestling figures, I asked for a Matt Hardy one.
    I got a JBL one that I already had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I just received my worst one ever - it's huge and godawful

99048.JPG

It's a hat :( a colourful peaked wooly hat :o Maybe some charity shop will like it.
    last year I got a pink one.... :(

That's a class hat, are you serious?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That's a class hat, are you serious?!
    Lol :D are you?!!!
    We had some laugh trying it on :pac:

If I looked anything like this guy it might be okay, but I dont!

Advertisement