Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will be Ireland's (FAI) moral compensation?

• 04-12-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Blatter says we will get a special award as moral compensation what do you reckon this will be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

2 tickets to the world cup final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

a pat on the head
    patonhead.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Greenest Jersy Fair Play Award or something gay like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Moral Compensation form a Federation that is Morally Bankrupt ?????

**as I shout for support....
    NaaaaMaaaa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Henry's head/hand on a plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Did anyone hear some rumours going around that we could be invited to take part in Copa America 2011? Apparently USA, Mexico, Japan and Honduras were invited and have taken part before and there's two places could be filled. Check it up on wikipedia.
    Probably just bullsh*t but that would be kinda funny seeing us playing in that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Cake Man wrote: »
    Did anyone hear some rumours going around that we could be invited to take part in Copa America 2011? Apparently USA, Mexico, Japan and Honduras were invited and have taken part before and there's two places could be filled. Check it up on wikipedia.

That would actually be good. No world cup but good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I heard Step Bladder is going to give us a plaque or something which would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nothing short of Thierry Henry's balls boiled in Raymond Domenech's stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

it'll be something condescending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I've heard we are being made first seeds for the Euro draws, and that our group will then be filled with bottom seeds.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Blatter says we will get a special award as moral compensation what do you reckon this will be?

parity with france's co-efficient score from the world cup probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The British media will be even more virulently anti-French than usual. Henry's handball will get mentioned every time France play and you'll be able to feel morally indignant each time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

For Blatter to choke on a Toblerone the swiss git :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'd be happy with Charlize Theron.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Cake Man wrote: »
    Bullshít and it would be a disaster. They'd all be burnt to a crisp puking due to sunstroke and wouldn't be able to breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd be happy with Charlize Theron.

I call first go! I'm not havin' sloppy 4,459,547nd's

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

~Rebel~ wrote: »

It would be 4,459,547ths actually :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Are the women having a go as well? Ah, sure why not:D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Alan Kelly and Anthony Buttimer to ref the semi-finals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Alan Kelly and Anthony Buttimer to ref the semi-finals.

I'd prefer Lily Allen.

lily4.jpg

As long as she doesn't sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

i think it will be a heap of high profile friendlies(maybe get to play winners of world cup and other top nations) to make up for the money we missed out on. think brazil might be lined up already. argentina already lined up for opening of new stadium but thats nothin to do wit fifa "compensation".think there's a huge international gap for us early next year so might get somethin around then and after world cup.

wouldn't mind playin the likes of brazil,argentina ,portugal,germany at croker/aviva, do wonders for our rankings "if" we were to beat these sides. might even see strong enough 11 against these teams as they decide on their final teams for world cups. depending on how real/barca do in europe we might even see messi and ronaldo, who knows, i know its no world cup but have to look forward instead of backward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

i'm generally not a violent person, and have been often hammered out of my skull and never once in a row or disagreement.

But if i ever happened to come upon Blatter anywhere, if her ever comes to Ireland to sign a book in Easons(highly unliklely),Comes to Ireland for anything and i happen to be with in touching distance of the man, i will jump the Ba$tard. And the time would be worth it.

The way he has treated us in the Media is nothing short of disgraceful, how he is head of one of the biggest organisations in the World is beyond me.

I want nothing from the man other than a little respect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bonjour mes amis from Irlande Football Associatioooon!!!
    In recognition of your incredible happiness for us to change the rules to the draw for the playoffs a month before the event, and for your unwavering demands for replays, free trips to the world cups and other such laughable ideas which took the media attenion away from our crookedness, I hereby award you the first ever "Take it up the a$$ so we can make more money, tiny puny country" award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

2 packets of Tayto and a €50 voucher for Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

A box of ferrero rocher??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

TonyD79 wrote: »
    A box of ferrero rocher??!!

That would be really spoiling us.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Playing the winner of the world cup in a friendly....imagine if it was France. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Prufrock wrote: »
    Playing the winner of the world cup in a friendly....imagine if it was France. :D

We could send out the International rules team,play them at their own game;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

FIFA are gonna guarantee Ireland the postion as 8th team in the 2013 Confederations Cup because Brazil will already have their place in the competition as hosts and will be favourites to win either the World Cup or else the Copa America.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

hiscan wrote: »
    We could send out the International rules team,play them at their own game;)
    I'd prefer that we sent out Bernard Dunne and a few others!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

patmac wrote: »
    I heard Step Bladder is going to give us a plaque or something which would be nice.

lol, I assume ur joking?

keane2097 wrote: »
    That would be really spoiling us.

hahaha, brilliant. Hopefully people get/remember the reference!

A place in the Confeds Cup/Copa America would actually be pretty cool. It's not like it's too awkward or unreasonable from FIFA's perspective either but I'm sure it won't happen.

Advertisement