Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Port to show Footie over Rugby

Options
  • 04-12-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

I have a few mates coming down on Saturday week the 12th. They are United fans and want to head out to watch the match @ 5.15(as i dont have ESPN). I also see there are Heineken Cup matches on the same weekend(Leinster playing 6pm Saturday). I no rugby is big in the town.
    Is there any where were we could watch the footie.

PS
    Thinkin the anvil as it has loads of screens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

most pubs will prob accomadate ya if they have more than 1 screen barrow lodge is a good soccer pub will more than likely be on there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'd say it'll only be Rubgy in The Anvil!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

Kavanaghs is the United pub, defo be on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Where is Kavanaghs in POrtarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

It's not its in portlaoise.

id say your best bet is the barrow lodge you have more room in there too pool table the works

the anvil will probably show the soccer out in the smoking area where you'l have to freeze your balls off !!!:)

big rugby pub soccer will take second place

then there is always the continental and the weighbridge (newly opened again anyone know who took over!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'd go with O'Deas.

Tv's at both ends of the pub and they normally have different sport on both to suit.

Also you can get a bit of grub if you want it as well.

Yep try there 1st,
    Cheers.. the lad in there is sound anyway

Ciaran is a gent and a good family friend.

I hear he had a great dj in there on fri night;)

Havent been out in the town for a while - new car plus night out in Tipp(gf mates + Dub my mates)
    I'll make up for it over the Christmas.

PS
    your spot on bout Ciaran have even got the odd free pint off him and im not in the town a year :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The pintoport has 3 large screens,,, it will definitely be on one of them... perhaps the lounge TV...

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The pintoport has 3 large screens,,, it will definitely be on one of them... perhaps the lounge TV...

That is if there is no party on, they have quite a few. But a goodpub and nice crowd.

Advertisement