Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy a fisheye lens online.

• 04-12-2009 4:16pm

Hey, I'm looking to get a fisheye lens for a 50D, something in the range of €250. I found a samyang one on Amazon but they wont deliver it to Ireland for some reason.

What are some good sites to try? Literally can't seem to find anything decent on google.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

That Samyang Lens is also available under various other names like Rokinon as well as a few others.

Thanks for that mate, do you know off hand if it's likely that I'll get any extra charges (VAT or some ****e) once it arrives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ should have them, not sure about the prices though.

If you're buying outside europe you pay about 30% vat & customs...

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Thanks for that mate, do you know off hand if it's likely that I'll get any extra charges (VAT or some ****e) once it arrives?

That was just an example, there are places selling the same lens under different names within Europe, which means you will not get stung for extra charges.

Buying outside of Europe will mean that you have to factor in that extra cost.

Ah thanks lads, I was afraid of extra charges. I'm having trouble finding any European sites on google besides amazon. Do you have any links that might help me in my search?

Edit: Found a seller on Ebay from the UK. Hopefully all goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Ah thanks lads, I was afraid of extra charges. I'm having trouble finding any European sites on google besides amazon. Do you have any links that might help me in my search?

Edit: Found a seller on Ebay from the UK. Hopefully all goes well!

the samyang 8mm works out cheaper to buy in europe than usa. I ordered mine from foto-tip a polish company, they are on ebay. cost me 200euro, free delivery. they ran out of stock but got more in today, I'll have mine next week

with the current exchange rat its working out at only 192euro with free delivery!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110464564589

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blade912

i have believe this works with amazon when filling out the address in the post code put:
    BT1 6ER
    which is the postal code for the main post office in belfast.

Then they will forward the parcel south

Advertisement