Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can They Do This?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Your video, Wanted: Weapons Of Fate - Araña, may include content that is owned or licensed by these content owners:

- Content owner: IGN Type: Visual content

I record all my own videos with a capture card, Why are they claiming ownership of my videos? Its happened with two already, IGN are a multimedia site, They don't own the games.

Can someone explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Are you publishing them through their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Doodee wrote: »
    Are you publishing them through their site?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

so dispute the claim. Duh.

Someone tried to pull down my In Bruges clip until I just disputed it with a one or two line statement along the lines of "Eh....no?" and it was back up within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Perhaps IGN own the rights to any video media of certain games? So even if you capture the video yourself they have some soft of an agreement with the publisher? Otherwise it's some IGN intern probably who's job it is to flag videos on YouTube etc and has mistaken your videos for one of their own?

Overheal wrote: »
    so dispute the claim. Duh.

Someone tried to pull down my In Bruges clip until I just disputed it with a one or two line statement along the lines of "Eh....no?" and it was back up within an hour.

Yeah i was thinking of doing that, But i don't know if IGN own media rights to some games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Yeah i was thinking of doing that, But i don't know if IGN own media rights to some games.
    So? Dispute it anyway. It doesnt cost you anything to protest it.

Overheal wrote: »
    So? Dispute it anyway. It doesnt cost you anything to protest it.

I disputed it, Just basically said that it was mistakenly flagged, The videos are no longer under copyright infringement, So i think that the dust is settled...For now

Cheers Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

It could have someting with IGN's parent company. I think they own a tonne of stuff, although why you heard from IGN and not the parent company is strange.

Parent company is News Corp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i don't know if IGN own media rights to some games.

they dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'd say it's just bull**** to eliminate the competition. Youtube and co. are so afraid of getting involved in a copyright dispute that they act on all flagged infringements regardless of whether they are or not. Reeks of some automated script imo because there are no specifics. Loads of people getting away with crap like this. At least you have a right of reply, I've had a few mates who's profiles were nuked on various media sites because of baseless accusations like this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My audiosurf videos got flagged from music companies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

you bought wanted weapons of fate :eek:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    you bought wanted weapons of fate :eek:
    For 3 euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

For 3 euro:)

ripped off tbh:D

Advertisement