Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking the Nokia E51 (BB5)

• 04-12-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

..anyone know how to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, you ring your provider and ask them for the code, or go to an unlocking shop, give them 20 euro and they unlock it. Simple :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59805187&postcount=30
    (link from sticky in this thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Davy wrote: »
    Ye, you ring your provider and ask them for the code, or go to an unlocking shop, give them 20 euro and they unlock it. Simple :p
    I'd rather do it myself than pay a shop / network to do it for me.

samhail wrote: »
    Thanks. Nothing there about the E51 though, I'm afraid.

It used to be that only a handful of BB5s can be unlocked via free software. Perhaps that's still the case? Will keep googling..

I'd rather do it myself than pay a shop / network to do it for me.

All networks would unlock it for free if you have spent enough credit, apart from 3 who have an admin charge regardless

Davy wrote: »
    All networks would unlock it for free if you have spent enough credit, apart from 3 who have an admin charge regardless

Really? Didn't know that. I'm on contract though, rather than pay as you go. I'll give Meteor a ring and see what they say. If it's free I don't mind..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Really? Didn't know that. I'm on contract though, rather than pay as you go. I'll give Meteor a ring and see what they say. If it's free I don't mind..

given you are locked into a contract I can't see any reason why they wouldn't give it to you. good luck.

IH77 wrote: »
    given you are locked into a contract I can't see any reason why they wouldn't give it to you. good luck.

Did I say I was locked into a contract?

Doesn't matter, you have fulfilled the contract. Essentially you have paid the subsidise of the handset so their should be no problem unlocking this for you once you request it.

Ok well I didn't personally get this handset from Meteor (though it is locked to Meteor). But we shall we what they say..

the fact you are locked into the contract is the reason why they should give it to you...they get their money either way!

• Advertisement

IH77 wrote: »
    the fact you are locked into the contract is the reason why they should give it to you...they get their money either way!

Once again, did I say I was locked into a contract?

(Hint - I'm not locked in to a contract).

Once again, did I say I was locked into a contract?

(Hint - I'm not locked in to a contract).

Sorry I thought by this message here:
    Really? Didn't know that. I'm on contract though, rather than pay as you go.

that you were locked into a contract.

Advertisement