Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIFFO is the cleverest and mot cunning of them all.

Options
  • 04-12-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Well, the unions have been taken to the cleaners by our BIFFO. They have postponed their second days shopping in Newery, they have spilt their guts as to how to reform the public service, increase productivity, admitted in public that they are overstaffed by virtue of being able to take 12 days off!!

Then when all is in the public domain, BIFFO says thanks but no thanks lads. Yer's gettin a 6% pay slash next week and get over it :D:D

How on earth will the unions get out of public service reform in future, having shown all their cards at this begging bowl show over the past few days.

I'd say Jack O Connor is yesterday's man and Beggs, and Doran.
    I tell ya, that garlic Lenihan is on is mightystuff alltogether.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1204/breaking11.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

Let's not lose the run of ourselves eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I just caught the end of some FF back bencher on the wireless this morning saying this would be the outcome that BIFFO is too smart for them etc

At last he's shown a bit of negotiation skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Ok, let's be honest here. We gave some stick to BIFFO because we thought he was buckling under the weight of the PS unions.
    But it seems he has taken them for a ride.

We should get BIFFO T Shirts printed and wear them to work next week.

BIFFO, BIFFO, BIFFO, BIFFO, BIFFO all we want for christmas is BIFFO, BIFFO.:D;):p:o:P:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

On RTE1 TV now.

Lenny has been eating too much garlic. He's bustn outta that jacket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The Unions have been played a like a fiddle. No one can beat FF at this kinda of crap.

Good day for Fianna Fail. Fine Gael and IBEC too.

• Advertisement

Let's not forget that they are only sweeping up their sh1te.

They caused this, please dont be fooled come GE time !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think this situation is the effect that having a virtual back bench revolt happening because for once the Irish people didn't take it in the ass. I think a lot of FF'ers were surprised at the extremely negative response to the "12 unpaid days of Christmas" carol being sung by the bearded choir got from their loyal supporters and realised that if they didn't do something about this whatever chance of them getting re-elected would be in the bin quicker than the carcass of the spent Turkey on the 26th of December.

Biffo was bent over and awaiting the affectionate reach around from one of his social partners before the backbenchers piped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Rujib1 wrote: »
    Well, the unions have been taken to the cleaners by our BIFFO. They have postponed their second days shopping in Newery, they have spilt their guts as to how to reform the public service, increase productivity, admitted in public that they are overstaffed by virtue of being able to take 12 days off!!

Then when all is in the public domain, BIFFO says thanks but no thanks lads. Yer's gettin a 6% pay slash next week and get over it :D:D

How on earth will the unions get out of public service reform in future, having shown all their cards at this begging bowl show over the past few days.

I'd say Jack O Connor is yesterday's man and Beggs, and Doran.
    I tell ya, that garlic Lenihan is on is mightystuff alltogether.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1204/breaking11.htm

I'm listening to that geezer Doran now on Drivetime 1645.

With respect Liam boy, don't treat the taxpayer like a gimp.

Transform the public service, my nut brown bollox, another flim flam with plenty of slack left over from NON COMPLIANCE over the years.

Take a hike Doran, yesterdays man.

Lenny got ya well and proper.

Doran should now "keep his mouth shut"

the public will suffer?

public _service_ will now have to take some pain like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

glad to see you're all thanking FF for saving the country.

FF = Good
    Public workers = teh evil

mission accomplished so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Mmm, somehow it doesn't feel like the unwinding of a grand master plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Forget about Golden Globe awards in future. Let's have a Golden Garlic award, presented annually to the guy or gal, who can come up with a way to further squash the unelected lefties in ICTU, SIPTU, Nurses Union, TUI, ASTI, INTO, MANDATE, TEEU .......... jeez, how many more of them are there.

Gonna need a lot of garlic to keep those lot down. :D:D

Well, Lenny's uncle may not have made the Park, but I bet my last garlic, our Brian, is gonna get there in time :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

No fan of FF but at the end of the day the talking had to come to an end and the necessary changes made. At least the public sector workers had some representation in the process. The same will not be true for the other areas that will be cut. And even then it is just the beginning of a long process that will take several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

Did someone on this forum refer to biffo as a genius? are you serious? maybe you want to re-think that? he caused the mess in the first place was he just playing the unions when he stoked up the property bubble and destrpyed the economy with vat rates etc?! Lets get real. he only pulled out when it became clear that the likes of Jim McDaid would not vote for the budget if it included unpaid leave thus collapsing the government. So the reality of all this is the same as it has always been.......its about fianna fail staying in power. end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The Unions do not have much leverage at the moment and Biffo has his back to the wall. Its all just face saving theatrics from all parties, all fighting while our economy is in sh**e.

begg on newstlak now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tom1974

roll on the strikes!!!!

I couldn't care less about strikes, the Government have done the best thing possible.

In fact, this is the best thing they have done in the lifetime of FF.

The Unions stranglehold must be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭CityCentreMan

"BIFFO is the cleverest and most cunning of them all"

No I dont think so ! You are giving him more credit than he deserves.

Like a rabbit caught in a spotlight he has taken the easier option!

He had to make a choice of either facing up to the unions or dealing with the overwhelming anger with the general public.

Fortunately for us, on this occasion, it was the right decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Tom1974 wrote: »
    roll on the strikes!!!!

yay more fun and hot air :p and nothing accomplished

in the end the poorest will suffer most that be people on welfare and lower paid PS workers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

delighted,

for once the fianna fail back benchers stood up!!!!

i hope the unions shut up and get working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

ntlbell wrote: »
    the public will suffer?

public _service_ will now have to take some pain like everyone else.

66% of the private service have not taken any pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

not true,

everyone has taken pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Don't think there is anything to rejoice over I think FF have finally realised in their final days of office the only hope they have to try and get any credibility back is to stand up and GOVERN.

Lenihan should now go for the jugular in the budget, Cut once and cut deep otherwise this will just run and run till next years budget.

Cut their balls off Brian the time has come - no Minister of Finance in the past has had the opportunity to cut the unions down to size now is the time mate history beckons you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

66% of the private service have not taken any pain.

at 60K a year + guaranteed job & pension & 9 month work year like the teachers

ill take the public sector brand of pain any time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Personally wouldnt give that man credit for anything. & back to square 1 again.
    Is no one else worried about what next.

Last thing we need now is the country grinding to a halt at 9am monday morning All out strike?? Is that really what we need now ??

He is certainly playing a game now & once again were all tied up in knots while nama & banks drama is all playing away in the background with no one even noticing. Lord only knows what really is going on in the back ground..

westtip wrote: »
    Don't think there is anything to rejoice over I think FF have finally realised in their final days of office the only hope they have to try and get any credibility back is to stand up and GOVERN.

Lenihan should now go for the jugular in the budget, Cut once and cut deep otherwise this will just run and run till next years budget.

Cut their balls off Brian the time has come - no Minister of Finance in the past has had the opportunity to cut the unions down to size now is the time mate history beckons you.

Yeah he can really make a name for himself here.

Hope he does the right thing and gets this country back on its feet.

jenzz wrote: »

Last thing we need now is the country grinding to a halt at 9am monday morning All out strike?? Is that really what we need now ??

What we need is to reduce the deficit.

If strikes happen, so be it.

And the Country wont grind to a halt either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

frman wrote: »
    What we need is to reduce the deficit.

If strikes happen, so be it.

And the Country wont grind to a halt either.

we will see what will happen when schools , hospitals etc will close down for 3 - 5 days then so !

Advertisement