Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIFFO is the cleverest and mot cunning of them all.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ausdubliner

thebman wrote: »
    The cost of the public sector is part of the barrier to recovery.

The private sector is not an entity. Did Bothar cause the crisis? Sorry but only one part of the private sector caused the crisis and the rest of the private sector disagrees with bailing them out even if they believe it is necessary they don't think they deserve to be bailed out, just that it has to happen to stabilise the economy.

I would agree that it is a barrier to recovery but surely we need to identify key areas that are untouchable in a sense. Education is always the first to suffer, and I don't mean wages. Why is this the case? Do we not value the education of our children?

As you say the private sector is not one entity. I would almost argue the same for the public sector. In the end I don't think people choose their career based on private vs public so I think it is harsh to 'bash' those in the public sector purely because they are paid by the government.

Advertisement