Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of Terrace / Condensation / Front Door

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Looking for any advice on how to tackle a severe condensation problem at my front door.

I live in an end of terrace house where the front door area sits out from the main footprint of the house. The front door area is about 3' x 3' with a flat concrete cap over the area.

The internal ceiling in this front door area drips and sweats with a considerable amount of water every day in cold weather. I gather it's the warm air from the rest of the house hitting the cold.

I put a 4" circular vent into the area hoping the increased airflow would help things but it was been to no avail.

No I guess I need to insulate this area but the exterior walls are solid massed concrete so I don't know whether I should be going down an interior dry lining route or putting a vaulted cap on top of the flat section and insulating from there.

It is such a small space that I don't really want to put insul-board on the inside if I don't have to.

If anyone has any experience or advice I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement