Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Console software

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering what the consumer law is in regards to this.

I was given a game as a present which I already had,tried to bring it back and they said that they couldnt as the plastic tab had been taken off(its just a plastic sticker that keeps the case shut).There wasnt a tab on it when I got.

I presume they think that the game has beem pirated(which they can,just like any other media that is on cd/dvd,although its a bit more hassle than music cd's).

Im not all that bothered as I will just give it as a present this christmas(hope my bro doesnt read this thread:D),just curiuous more than anything as I know that HMV will take back music cd's with a receipt.

regards Lab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Unfortunately they are under no obligation to take it back even if the security tag was still in tact as there is nothing actually wrong with it.

With regards HMV some stores mainly larger ones will have a store policy of exchanges for change of mind/unwanted purchases but they are under no obligation to do this under consumer law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

cheers,like i said Just more curious than anything.So they more or less just take them back(with tab of course)as a courtesy.

Thanks
    Lab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Thanks,just more curious than anything.They just do it out of courtesy(as do HMV)

lab

EDIT:Sorry for double post didnt think the first 1 went through

Advertisement