Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog cleaned me :-)

Options
  • 04-12-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

HAHAHAHA ok so i had my dog Danzig out playing earlier. He is an English Springer Spaniel,, wired to the moon but in a good way.
    Had him doing his usual tricks, aswell as fetching, dancing, rolling over...after the rain of course he got a little bit mucky.
    He decided to clean himself, which he does when he needs to but this time, he decided to clean me once he was finished with himself, he licked my hands after i had handled his paws, then went on to lick my sleeves and arms where he had been resting, then went on to lick my combats clean.. never seen him do this before, it was so funny, and he was so happy to do it, tail wagging like mad.
    After he was done, it was time for him to go back in his run, but before that he gave me a paw and then did a high-5 then went to his house.
    Mad little guy he is. only 7.5 months old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Awww he sounds adorable. I'd love to see a pic of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Il root some out later if i can find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

thats adorable, pics please!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

TillyGirl wrote: »
    thats adorable, pics please!

Pics up in a new thread. Danzig : pics of the cleaning dog

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

my dog would do the same if you sat down on the ground with her she would get into a licking frenzy and be almost hynotized(sp),,it was quite nice really:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

when i get back with the hounds if it's been raining i'll dry them off with a towel, Tyson (Boxador) always starts licking my combats and sleeves as if he's trying to repay the favour of drying me :D i keep telling him i'm off for a shower but he continues anyway - ha

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I imagine it's a pack instinct - social grooming. The dog is grooming you to indicate that they consider you a member of their pack. I don't know the ins-and-outs, maybe the lower dogs are supposed to groom the leader. You should take it as a compliment :)

Advertisement