Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV - Momentary freezes in loading screen? (VS Screen)

Options
  • 04-12-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I was curious to know if anyone else gets the same problem. Stranglely enough, after I connected my xbox to XBL, got the game update and some DLC, I noticed that in the loading screen after selecting a character, there is a momentary pause so I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It means the other person hasn't installed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

It means the other person hasn't installed the game.

Except it happens during single-player games too. I think it might be applying whatever tweaks to the characters were made with the patch. There actually seems to be the biggest freeze during a Zangief mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

He's on xbox afaik where installing doesn't matter much. Could be a net thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I have the game installed on the HDD and it happens in SP. I know that it can happen in MP because of synching but I'm confused to why it happens even in SP. I noticed the same thing on the machines at XGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Basically its the game loading and it takes it sweet ass time to load, ever made a game before? gotta compile certain things for certain levels, majority of the times it will load in a instant and, if it doesn't it will most likely freeze to load a certain file Etc..etc..

Goes to show what know how I got from Ballyer College hah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Basically its the game loading and it takes it sweet ass time to load, ever made a game before? gotta compile certain things for certain levels, majority of the times it will load in a instant and, if it doesn't it will most likely freeze to load a certain file Etc..etc..

Goes to show what know how I got from Ballyer College hah

I'd appreciate that if I was playing a racing game or a shooter but fighting games are known to be quite small (bunch of characters + some backgrounds). Granted, fighting games are quite advanced these days in terms of graphics but are still nowhere near the size of a racing game and when I play any racing games, they don't freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

who the f00k cares?!

It's barely noticeable & doesn't infringe with gameplay in anyway whatsoever.
    It's there. Deal with it.

Advertisement