Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free up space XP

• 04-12-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an eee pc (xp) and i want to free up some space,in add/remove programs I have the following,can I remove any of these or do i need them all,Thanks.

Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2
    Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 service pack 2
    Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 sp1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can. some programs use them to operate though.

going to Add/Remove programs to free up space is not always the smartest solution to freeing up space - and by that I mean its "dumb" in the sense that you may actually be missing entirely where all of your space has gone. It may very well be hidden away in your documents or music folders or elsewhere.

The quickets way to map out where all of your data is at, is to download and run Windirstat. Its a very light but powerful little utility that does a pass on your file tree and shows you visually which files are largest and where they're located.

http://download.cnet.com/WinDirStat/3000-2248_4-10614593.html

114794_large.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Nice 1 Thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Sorry, I'm only noticing this thread now. For future reference, I suggest switching off the automatic Windows updates as they can sometimes prevent other software from working (and in many cases you don't even need the update).

The updates are released every month I think, and so I just check them a few days after it hits the 1st of each month.

I switch off automatic updates for every application I use once I have installed it and I haven't been running any anti-virus software on my machine for two years now.

Kevin

• Advertisement
Advertisement