Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Epenis is shrinking

Options
  • 04-12-2009 9:59pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, Core i5 or Core i7? Or shall I wait til January in the hope of some price drops? DDR3 prices are nearly on par with DDR2 now, thank god.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

DDR3 is actually becoming more expensive. The only difference is that DDR2 is getting pricier even faster :eek:

And, it depends. If you're focusing on the mid-range or gaming the i5 wins. If you're looking toward the upper-mid-range or intend on doing heavy apps/math/crypto work as well as games then i7 it must be ;)

And if you think you're bad my e-peen is positively shriveled :eek: I mean, E5200 (@3.33GHz) and HD4830 (@650/1900MHz) in this day and age?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So, Core i5 or Core i7? Or shall I wait til January in the hope of some price drops? DDR3 prices are nearly on par with DDR2 now, thank god.

Depending where you buy you can get an i7 920 + highend mobo for about 400 quid. Tho you should get a better deal after chrimbo :)

The i9 coming out next year is probably going to have a pretty high price tag imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Solitaire wrote: »
    DDR3 is actually becoming more expensive. The only difference is that DDR2 is getting pricier even faster :eek:

And, it depends. If you're focusing on the mid-range or gaming the i5 wins. If you're looking toward the upper-mid-range or intend on doing heavy apps/math/crypto work as well as games then i7 it must be ;)

And if you think you're bad my e-peen is positively shriveled :eek: I mean, E5200 (@3.33GHz) and HD4830 (@650/1900MHz) in this day and age?! :eek:

Your e-peen's been e-castrated lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Solitaire wrote: »

mt e-peen is not existent anymore. qx6700 @ 3.0ghz, and a 8800gt 512mb :(
    roll on xmas so i can upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Your e-peen is huge compared to mine P4 3.0Ghz & 6800gt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

a simple upgrade in gfx card is all you really need.....

@ Carne: you need to upgrade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

i5 is the win atm.
    i7 is unneeded for 99% of people.

If you ARE one of the people who need an i7, get it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

My E-Penis is i7 965 EE @ 4.5Ghz (well will be once my water comes )

But i only game. So its overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Blazher wrote: »
    My E-Penis is i7 965 EE @ 4.5Ghz (well will be once my water comes )

But i only game. So its overkill

More like detrimental to your pen15's life!!! :o

Seriously though guys, pc's are there to serve a purpose and if it does that well then that's well enough IMO.

My q6700 and 4870 won't be upgraded for a good while, but just simply cause it doesn't need to be(also i have no money... actually this might be why i won't be upgrading :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Worlds smallest e-penis ->

Pentium D 2.8ghz and 7300gs hahaha :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah, i was kinda kidding. got the gtx295 there and its blazingly fast. q6600 @ 2.6ghz and q6600 @ 3ghz makes for about a 5% jump in performance. Not really worth more investing i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Worst thign is mate, all these people screaming for others to get a 920, telling them how much they need it, want it, have to have it is just a load of shít.

For example, I;ve done a bit of messing tonight, installed my 5870 into a machine with a E2XXX cpu, then a Q6600 B3 cpu, and put is back in my i7 system

Guess what... Playing mw2 on max details, the minimum fps never dropped below 50fps. I made a few quick movies recorded with fraps, then made with vegas. The usual 2 min clips roughly took the same time on all chips. Granted the the E2XXX is clocked at 3.6ghz, but the Q6600 and 860 were at stock. Unless you are a really heavy user, you wont notice much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Anti wrote: »
    Worst thign is mate, all these people screaming for others to get a 920, telling them how much they need it, want it, have to have it is just a load of shít.

For example, I;ve done a bit of messing tonight, installed my 5870 into a machine with a E2XXX cpu, then a Q6600 B3 cpu, and put is back in my i7 system

Guess what... Playing mw2 on max details, the minimum fps never dropped below 50fps. I made a few quick movies recorded with fraps, then made with vegas. The usual 2 min clips roughly took the same time on all chips. Granted the the E2XXX is clocked at 3.6ghz, but the Q6600 and 860 were at stock. Unless you are a really heavy user, you wont notice much of a difference.
    there never is much of a difference when you overclock everything, my old Q9550 overclocked at 4Ghz would get next to the same FPS as this i7 920@4Ghz.

It depends on the game though, your Q6600 will run GTA IV like crap compared to a Q9550 and in turn an i7 will increase the min FPS in that game to 60FPS+. i7/i5 will bring up the min FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

lmimmfn wrote: »
    there never is much of a difference when you overclock everything, my old Q9550 overclocked at 4Ghz would get next to the same FPS as this i7 920@4Ghz.

It depends on the game though, your Q6600 will run GTA IV like crap compared to a Q9550 and in turn an i7 will increase the min FPS in that game to 60FPS+. i7/i5 will bring up the min FPS.

Same

Had a q9650 clocked at 4ghz and now the I7 clocked at 3.6ghz it feels the same in games. It is much faster i have to say when turning my 4.4gig movies files into 700meg AVI files. Other things do go faster, but for gaming a bit of a pointless upgrade.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this is a real e-sausage fest wheres all the e-vagoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

mayordenis wrote: »
    this is a real e-sausage fest wheres all the e-vagoo?

that's gay

Advertisement