Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 collection on steam - problems

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

hello!

missed out on pretty much the entire steam sale so bought this on impulse.

after enough trouble getting BF2 to actually start (grr) i now have a ton of corruption in game and the hud res seems a bit off.

90c23_thumb.png

a 4870 on a 22" monitor blah blah.

any ideas? it's been a long long time since i played any BF

to be sure, i cleared the cache and re-optimized the objects there and the same crap is happening :'(

hmm, a few google searches later and I disabled AA and also dyna shadows and hurrah it's working - just need to id which of the two is causing the problem now (if it is just one of them!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

kaimera wrote: »
    hello!

missed out on pretty much the entire steam sale so bought this on impulse.

after enough trouble getting BF2 to actually start (grr) i now have a ton of corruption in game and the hud res seems a bit off.

90c23_thumb.png

a 4870 on a 22" monitor blah blah.

any ideas? it's been a long long time since i played any BF

to be sure, i cleared the cache and re-optimized the objects there and the same crap is happening :'(

hmm, a few google searches later and I disabled AA and also dyna shadows and hurrah it's working - just need to id which of the two is causing the problem now (if it is just one of them!)
    Its dynamic shadows which causes the problem. Turning it off completely is the only way. I had a 7300gs back in 2006 which caused me the exact same problem. I tried everything to get it work, even underclocking the card. I reinstalled windows and even reformatted my hard drive. When I changed the card the problem disappeared. Its likely a hardware issue I'm afraid.

Advertisement