Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT ARE TEACHERS TO DO NOW!!!!!

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I am totally floored by the way all the hardworking teachers and all public servants have been let down by this government and our unions. the gates have now been opened to allow a stampede over our rights , apparantly the grassroots FF supporters were behind it, knowing the average iq of them is about 55 im surprised they were even able to cummunicate their feelings on the matter to the local TDs offices .
    What does the future hold now ? Im about half way along the points scale , my wife a staff nurse along the same , combined we could see another 600 euros a month disappear from our household income.
    we have a large home loan , 2 cars to pay for and run, our investment properties no longer pay for themselves,
    We are the people that this contry needs in order to progress and we are being made scapegoats for the selfish needs of other people.how can a couple exist on a combined take home of less than 95,000 euros pa.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

If you and your unions had not been so disgustingly greedy, and bankrolled by our spineless politicians in the good times, then you wouldnt have to take these pay cuts now.

Welcome to the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

glynn888 wrote: »
    I am totally floored by the way all the hardworking teachers and all public servants have been let down by this government and our unions. the gates have now been opened to allow a stampede over our rights , apparantly the grassroots FF supporters were behind it, knowing the average iq of them is about 55 im surprised they were even able to cummunicate their feelings on the matter to the local TDs offices .
    What does the future hold now ? Im about half way along the points scale , my wife a staff nurse along the same , combined we could see another 600 euros a month disappear from our household income.
    we have a large home loan , 2 cars to pay for and run, our investment properties no longer pay for themselves,
    We are the people that this contry needs in order to progress and we are being made scapegoats for the selfish needs of other people.how can a couple exist on a combined take home of less than 95,000 euros pa.?
    Thats Funny

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

how can a couple exist on a combined take home of less than 95,000 euros pa.?

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Trolling, I guess?

Strangely, it wasn't FF grassroots, it was "everybody" not in a "job for life" who complained.

But you bought investment properties and it didn't work out, boo hoo. My pension fund lost 30-40% over the last 2 years, so my pension will be affected. The pension fund that'll pay you, lost a massive amount in the same period, but since you're on a defined benefit plan, you wont lose out.

In short, tough. Join the queue for sympathy over there, it starts behind the guys from Waterford Crystal, Aerlingus, construction workers, spar breakfast roll makers who've been made redundant, you wont see any permanent public service folks in that queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

LOL. That's quality :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

how can a couple exist on a combined take home of less than 95,000 euros pa.?

You can ponder that during one of your many holidays. My partner and I on the other hand are existing on a combined take home of €28,000 p.a. and glad to have that much at the moment. You're on a different planet, investment properties were a risk, deal with it.

EDIT: looking through some of your past posts, obviously trolling, thanks for wasting my time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

MrEko wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Troll alert....methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Troll alert....methinks.

It could only be a troll. Still, I was in a 'Are you for real' kind of mood. This thread delivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

lol,i enjoyed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

Ya right :)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

4/10 OP, it was a lame attempt but I enjoyed reading it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Yes. A bit of humour needed at this stage all right. Well done OP.

Laughing%20Cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh noes, not the investment properties.
    MrEko wrote: »
    It could only be a troll. Still, I was in a 'Are you for real' kind of mood. This thread delivers!

The scary thing is that there are most likely people who actually think like that. Only they're more careful in how they spin it. "Can't pay the mortgage": Didn't say on which house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glynn888

why are all the smug private sector loonies making fun of all the dedicated hardworking and poverty striken teachers and nurses?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

LOL - pure quality :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Made me laugh too, thank you OP.

Those investment properties remind me of the famous teacher who was on the radio(was it Gerry Ryan?) a few months ago whilst debating with Lenihan about hard times and moaning about struggling to afford that investment property in Croatia while earning only 63k!
    http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156096

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Troll alert....methinks.

Had me going,for a minute...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

at-first-i-was-like.jpg

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Oh look - three accusations of trolling in one thread.

Read the charter, people - this is a serious discussion forum. If you want to post lolcats, call people trolls - or, for that matter, post spoof threads - take it to After Hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement