Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Get Out And Skirmish Day '09

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

National Get Out and Skirmish Day'09
    29th of December

News Flash:
    After the success of last years event, this year we are aiming for bigger and better.... more sites, more players and more prizes!!
    We the site operators and retailers of Ireland are inviting all Airsofters across the country, regardless of whether you sit at home plinking, are a collector or are a regular skirmisher, to a nationwide skirmish involving Airsoft sites across Ireland new and established. Come and experience the best Airsoft sites the Country has to offer for FREE!

The Sites:

Dublin:

Portlaoise:

Galway:

Louth:

Northern Ireland:
    To Be Confirmed

The date:
    Tuesday
    the 29th of December.

So get out and try some of the sites and the best thing about all of this: it’ll cost you Nothing, Zip, Zelch, Nada to play*!!!!! (*BB’s, Pyros and rentals not included)

You could make a trip to HRTA for the morning and hit RedBarn for the afternoon or you could do Drogheda for the morning and Fingal for the afternoon and The Warehouse in the evening!! Make a trip to some of the largest sites in Ireland and head down to G-Tac Galway or ABZ in Portlaoise, anyway you plan it... you get to go out and experience a great days skirmish courtesy of the Airsoft sites and Retailers this Christmas!
    This is by far the most important day in your Airsoft calendar!!

There will be a draw made from all names of those who pay €10.00 to enter the draw in aid of the ISPCC at any of the sites you visit for an awesome prize that'll make your head spin!cool.gif

More details and a full list of sponsors will be made available later in the week.:)

If there is any sites that I did not get in contact with but you would like to be included, please contact me and I'll add you to the list of sites.:)

Also to all the retailers who supported us last year we would kindly ask you to support this event again this year, we cannot do it without your continued generosity.;);)

Bren:)

P.S. Mods please leave in the Airsoft section as it's of a benefit to everyone involved in airsoft.;) Also if you could sticky this that would be great also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Quick q, is Gtac 2 doing this at all? Not sure i could get to portumna!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

zero19 wrote: »

I'm sure they are, but I'll let them answer that one;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Moved to correct forum.

We have a retailers & sites sub forum for a reason - to post information about retailers and sites (Which is what this is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

o1s1n wrote: »
    Moved to correct forum.

We have a retailers & sites sub forum for a reason - to post information about retailers and sites (Which is what this is)

Ok, but Bren asked that it be left In the main forum

o1s1n wrote: »
    Moved to correct forum.

Really disappointed at that decision o1s1n :(:(??

And I'll explain why,
    1. This is to raise funds for a charity.
    2. This is at a considerable expense to all involved, i.e. staff wages, the cost of goods donated by retailers and green fees waved for the day by sites.
    3. Not to mention the expense of phone calls and time in putting something like this together.
    4. This is for the benefit and growth of the sport, this is a positive event... not negative*
    5. This event enables newcomers to come and try our wonderfull sport for free!
    *Which leads me to my next point:mad: Why would the Vice Chairman of The Irish Airsoft Association (Gatling) thank a moderator for limiting the exposure of this event:confused::confused: Are you not there to champion and protect Airsoft in a positive light?

Also sites from the north and abroad can advertise in the main section of the airsoft thread without the same rules being applied to them as our home sites and retailers?

Please reconsider your decision o1s1n and make this a sticky:confused: it is only for a good cause.

Bren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really disappointed at that decision o1s1n :(:(??

And I'll explain why,
    1. This is to raise funds for a charity.
    2. This is at a considerable expense to all involved, i.e. staff wages, the cost of goods donated by retailers and green fees waved for the day by sites.
    3. Not to mention the expense of phone calls and time in putting something like this together.
    4. This is for the benefit and growth of the sport, this is a positive event... not negative*
    5. This event enables newcomers to come and try our wonderfull sport for free!
    *Which leads me to my next point:mad: Why would the Vice Chairman of The Irish Airsoft Association (Gatling) thank a moderator for limiting the exposure of this event:confused::confused: Are you not there to champion and protect Airsoft in a positive light?

You'd swear the retailers and sites sub forum was in the arse end of nowhere. It's a forum, just like the airsoft forum. And one that does very well for itself given the amount of retailers and sites which have signed up to use it.

This thread has been posted by you (A site owner) and concerns all the sites in the country. It is publicity for your sites. It is the main reason we have this sub forum - for site owners to post announcements about airsoft sites and events. This is not to trickle over into the main airsoft forum. At all.
    Also sites from the north and abroad can advertise in the main section of the airsoft thread without the same rules being applied to them as our home sites and retailers?

If an airsoft site owner comes into this forum with the sole purpose of advertising their event/site/shop then they'll either have their posts removed and/or instructed to take it to this forum (And how to apply for this forum)
    If you have a problem with such things happening then report these adverts and I'll do my best to get them moved to the correct forum (This forum)

Please reconsider your decision o1s1n and make this a sticky:confused: it is only for a good cause.

Bren

I can make it a sticky in this forum (The airsoft retailers and sites forum). As it involves many different locations and is a big event.

Please keep any further communications such as this to pm as it derails threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Looks good hopefully I can make it out and drag a few bods too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

zero19 wrote: »

gtac1 is not open for this event.
    we will only have gtac urban extreme open for this .
    kind regards evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭hawk_eyes84

i cant wait its goin to be great :D:D:D:D

this is for a good cause lads, ladies so i would urge everyone that i able to make it to one or more sites to dig out that E10 and support the chosen charity as 10 euro isnt goin to break the bank for a full days airsoft ,
    myself and the lads of elite airsoft galway will be out in force so thanks to bren and everyone involved for organising this event and well done to all the sites for helpin to and allowin us to play for free :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Good to hear the €10 for the draw will be going towards the ISPCC,this year they have being stretched to there limits helping children all over the country.

Hope to get up to Red Barn on the 29th,being missing up there lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

yes id be very happy to donate money to the ispcc!!

hoping to get up to fingal!!!

whats the deal with rentals as i have a few friends interested in airsoft????

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Great idea Fingal Airsoft

I will more than likely be attending the warehouse on this date and will give some stuff as prizes to this great day out.

I will be getting in contact with the Warehouse directly soon.

Kind Regards
    Karl
    tacops.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

cant wait for this , haven't been airsoft in ages:(!!
    hopefully will be able to hit a couple of the sites.
    any idea whats in the draw????

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

ABZ Ireland

Just remind we have age limit 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Event added to GetActive.ie

I hope to get to as many sites as possible this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Free skirmish, no way a cheapskate like me is missing that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Free day of shooting people? Hell yes. Free day in GTAC 2? Hell yes. Field testing the christmas present? Hell yes. I will drag everyone I can along- kicking and screaming if necessary. Even those lads that I see playing in my forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭cormac128

going to dublin for this can anyone suggest any places looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Dublin:

Just nit-picking here but is Stamullen not in Meath?

Should be good fun this year, twas a great craic last year and sure there are a lot more of us this time around. A lot more sites this time too!

cormac128 wrote: »
    going to dublin for this can anyone suggest any places looking

It depends on your preference Cormac, there is The Warehouse for indoors. Just down the road there is H.R.T.A for outdoors and sure theres loads more as you can see by the announcement.

Your best bet is to get around to a few of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

Just nit-picking here but is Stamullen not in Meath?

Should be good fun this year, twas a great craic last year and sure there are a lot more of us this time around. A lot more sites this time too!

just had a look (really not busy atm) and google maps puts the county line right in the middle of C base. :)

Vents wrote: »
    just had a look (really not busy atm) and google maps puts the county line right in the middle of C base. :)

Cool, so its in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

Cool, so its in both.

just greedy isn't it. :D

Vents wrote: »
    just greedy isn't it. :D

Brings a new meaning to the grass being greener what?

Brings a new meaning to the grass being greener what?

:p:p

Well I'll be onsite running the games thick and fast all day... but like last year I think I'll be heading to The Warehouse for the evening sessions... we had great craic last year. This time around it will be extra fun shooting Brian and Bert on the old nogging:P:P:P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Best idea ever,

I am gona head to HRTA myself and a friend, and then after HRTA am gona head to the warehouse. (obviously stopping for food in between)

Any idea what times the sessions for the warehouse will run

Regards
    Karl
    tacops.ie

tacops.ie wrote: »
    Best idea ever,

I am gona head to HRTA myself and a friend, and then after HRTA am gona head to the warehouse. (obviously stopping for food in between)

Any idea what times the sessions for the warehouse will run

Regards
    Karl
    tacops.ie

They will be ran as usual Karl.

icon14.gifNational Get Out And Skirmish Day '09
    National Get Out and Skirmish Day'09
    29th of December

News Flash:
    After the success of last years event, this year we are aiming for bigger and better.... more sites, more players and more prizes!!
    We the site operators and retailers of Ireland are inviting all Airsofters across the country, regardless of whether you sit at home plinking, are a collector or are a regular skirmisher, to a nationwide skirmish involving Airsoft sites across Ireland new and established. Come and experience the best Airsoft sites the Country has to offer for FREE!

The Sites:

Dublin:

Kildare:
    Portlaoise:

Galway:

Louth:

Northern Ireland:
    To Be Confirmed

The date:
    Tuesday
    the 29th of December.

So get out and try some of the sites and the best thing about all of this: it’ll cost you Nothing, Zip, Zelch, Nada to play*!!!!! (*BB’s, Pyros and rentals not included)

You could make a trip to HRTA for the morning and hit RedBarn for the afternoon or you could do Drogheda for the morning and Fingal for the afternoon and The Warehouse in the evening!! Make a trip to some of the largest sites in Ireland and head down to G-Tac Galway or ABZ in Portlaoise, anyway you plan it... you get to go out and experience a great days skirmish courtesy of the Airsoft sites and Retailers this Christmas!
    This is by far the most important day in your Airsoft calendar!!

There will be a draw made from all names of those who pay €10.00 to enter the draw in aid of the ISPCC at any of the sites you visit for an awesome prize that'll make your head spin!cool.gif

More details and a full list of sponsors will be made available later in the week.smile.gif

If there is any sites that I did not get in contact with but you would like to be included, please contact me and I'll add you to the list of sites.smile.gif

Also to all the retailers who supported us last year we would kindly ask you to support this event again this year, we cannot do it without your continued generosity.wink.gifwink.gif

Brensmile.gif

(Added Moy Valley Airsoft to the list)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Calendar and GetActive.ie have been updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Bren,

Count myself and Andy in for Fingal.

See you there.

I will bring Cake. Thats with a Capital C.

Greg

Advertisement