Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV, is it worth it for Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not that this is adverts.ie or anything, but I'm selling one for 90 if you want to PM me.

90 is about the going rate for these, and you'll find a rake of them on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

soSolid wrote: »
    I've got one, and it's great for movies and TV episodes. I set up a new free e-mail account, and when you set up the ATV, it asks for an e-mail address and country.

Rather than use a credit card (which tells them what country you're really in), I get credit on e-bay (pm me if you want the seller details - he charges $60 for annual membership, and then you get iTunes credit at face value).

One of the better things is you can buy songs at 99 US cents, which is currently a lot les than 99 Euro cents...

HD movies are excellent, and you can also get episodes of all the big US TV series, usually before they're aired over here.

The other cool thing is you can put the movies/TV on your iPhone or iPod Touch if you have one.
    hey i would like to try it but how do you set it up so you can watch whats on your computer on your main tv. is it hard to do; do you need to be a computer genius;; which i'm not for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

kucyk wrote: »
    anyone got it recently? any chance to get it under 119 somewhere in Dublin area?

think i saw them on my memory for €99 tonight.

Still waiting for iTunes movies to be included in iCloud for streaming. Damn you, IMRO!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭touchwood

Would an Australian Apple TV work in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Yup, they're totally universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

i play movies on my pc through apple tv all the time
    you don't need to be a computer genius in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Isn't the problem you need all your content in your iTunes library on your computer to see it on the Apple TV. And its picky about the media file formats it supports?

Whereas with other devices you just plug in the HD to it, or point it to a folder on the network and it finds everything without the need to install and run itunes. Also they generally support for media file formats .

BostonB wrote: »
    Isn't the problem you need all your content in your iTunes library on your computer to see it on the Apple TV. And its picky about the media file formats it supports?

Whereas with other devices you just plug in the HD to it, or point it to a folder on the network and it finds everything without the need to install and run itunes. Also they generally support for media file formats .

true but there are lots of ways around this

curehead wrote: »
    true but there are lots of ways around this

For example?

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    For example?

i use vlc streamer personally what would you like to know ?

curehead wrote: »
    i use vlc streamer personally what would you like to know ?

Thats still installing something. Even if its not iTunes. Not needed with other players. You might not need anything tbh, many TV's sees shared folders with no extra software. Kinda makes ATV a pointless unless you want to use iTunes.

Advertisement