Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums of the Year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Perhaps you just haven't heard enough this year?

Hah, perhaps so. Perhaps i'm just getting old.

One thing I did notice from having a listen to some of the youtube tracks posted here was Blood Red Throne's remarkably similar riff to Slayer's Killing Fields. :confused::confused:

Play 3.00 mins in here:

And play 0.42 mins in here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Ok Onlt one album which im my books is fantasic (well 2) Mastodon-Crack the skye

Converge-Axe to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Ok Onlt one album which im my books is fantasic (well 2) Mastodon-Crack the skye

Converge-Axe to fall

I really didn't get the hype around either of these albums. I thought Mastodon's was good on the first few spins but after a while I found it drawn out. And I just plain didn't like Axe To Fall.

Each to his own however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

RayCon wrote: »
    The Soundtrack Of Our Lives : Communion

Great band

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Converge-Axe to fall

Love that album. It's been a while sinice an opening track grabbed my attention like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I loved Dying Fetus newest album, and was lucky enough to get to see them after they released it too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough
    Altar Of Plauges - White Tomb
    Cobalt - Gin
    Sólstafir - Köld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

Converge's 'Axe to Fall', Baroness's 'Blue Record' & Nirvana's 'Live at Reading' are all blowing me away currently...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Altar of Plagues - White Tomb yes! Great Irish band! They got signed to Candelight records this month also!
    vid:

Advertisement