Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dear Santa . ...For Christmas I Want ....

• 05-12-2009 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

All of us have aspects of their photography that they just can't get past , reach a mental block about ..it ain't about intelligence, talent, or anything else, sometimes you hit a wall and can not see beyond it....

So If you had to write to Santa and ask for an improvement in an aspect of your skills what would it be: One rule: nothing about GEAR or equipment as in needing this or that lens or camera ...

I'll go first ...

Dear Santa ..... What is it with this flash stuff, I read the books, got the gear and still it just doesn't gel with me .. I mean I am shooting now at 12,500 ISO to avoid flash ..please help me overcome my phobia this Christmas, I promise I have been a good boy( in the last ten minutes ..snigger :eek: )

Anthony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Does it have to be photography-related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Fenster wrote: »
    Does it have to be photography-related?

If you have other functional issues you wish to share I am sure it would not be a problem but the Mods might refer you to more appropriate sections like men's health :p

so yes ..keep it on photography !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Simplicius wrote: »
    If you have other functional issues you wish to share I am sure it would not be a problem but the Mods might refer you to more appropriate sections like men's health :p

so yes ..keep it on photography !!

Oh we're just on flying form this evening, aren't we :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Oh we're just on flying form this evening, aren't we :D

You better believe it!!!

... now are you going to contribute constructively to the thread or just guffaw from the sidelines like some trade unionist insisting unpaid leave answers all ills ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Improvement on finishing photography projects (includes lack of processing skills).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

A small can of mojo please, I appear to have misplaced mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Dear Santa..

Please give me an understanding of lighting. Also, if you could magically turn me into a confident people person rather than a shy mess, I'm sure it would improve my photography 10-fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

A camera please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

fail.

Or was that supposed to be ironic?

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good girl this year and I would like it if I could write a decent artist statement that doesn't sound pretentious and cliché. Also, if you're feeling generous please send the exhibition fairy round.

Oh and some polaroid film would fill that stocking nicely too.

kthxbai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Dear santa i want my Holga to get here before christmas, would also like some affordable 110, 120, and sure throw in some 35mm film also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Holga got here today, huzzah! Thanks Santa!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Dont want to start a new thread,but anyone recommend some good photog books for improving. I have understanding exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Dear santa,

Can you send 5 nude women to my studio for photography purposes please.

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I think he meant plump, homely nudes with halitosis and fallen arches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Dear Santa,
    1 Canon 100-400 f4-5.6L IS please ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Time to take a bloody photo! And a bit of inspiration to do something different. I'm feeling stuck.

(i'm just gonna copy Humberklog from now on and pretend it was my idea to begin with..)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

sineadw wrote: »
    Time to take a bloody photo! And a bit of inspiration to do something different. I'm feeling stuck.

(i'm just gonna copy Humberklog from now on and pretend it was my idea to begin with..)

If I see you with: drunk womaen in burqas or step ladder and big roundy mirror in the city I'll go MAD!!! And see if you want a hand.

For xmas I'd like an amiable elderly couple with their own small caravan and some big knives....and an Olypmus XA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

humberklog wrote: »
    If I see you with: drunk womaen in burqas or step ladder and big roundy mirror in the city I'll go MAD!!! And see if you want a hand.

For xmas I'd like an amiable elderly couple with their own small caravan and some big knives....and an Olypmus XA.

You might need an alibi on that list too.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

All I want is 1 extra brain cell specifically programmed to remind me to adjust the ISO back down when I'm finished with shooting in bad light.
    If that can't be arranged then a little blonde assistant to do the same job will do just fine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I was reading a thread on here about lighting, pixbyjohn had posted a link to a home studio lighting kit. So out of interest I clicked on the link and had a quick read.
    I then got distracted by the kids during which time my wife now sits down with a cuppa to check her email, FB etc...

20 minutes later she comes in and says, is that what you wanted for xmas because I just bought it for you!

I didn't even intend to ask Santa/wife for a lighting kit, but it will come in handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Hugh_C wrote: »
    I think he meant plump, homely nudes with halitosis and fallen arches.

Solely for photography purposes... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

400mm.jpg

Nikon 400mm f2.8 G ED VR AF-S

(Its only 1 thing)

Advertisement