Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency services at tesco/ Dunnes roundabout tonight

Options
  • 05-12-2009 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened at the roundabout between Tesco and Dunnes on the Headford road tonight.

Was driving out of Gort Na Coiribe and there was 2-3 ambulances, Fire brigade and a Garda Van at the traffic lights, and a line of traffic behind.

It must have been serious enough with that amount of Emergency vehicles and the traffic behind wasnt getting past at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Myself and the hubby were only sitting at the car at a red light there about 3-4 days ago. The car in the lane next to us never even noticed the red light and bombed thru it. There were 4 young students passing in front of our car at the time headed towards Dunnes and they were nearly milled out of it.

Honest to god, a few more inches and they all would have been up in the air:eek:
    I even commented at the time that it's a wonder there isn't more accidents there.
    I do hope the news won't be bad tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I passed by at about 9 o'clock and it looked to me like a three car pile up. One of the cars looked very badly smashed up and the emergency services were trying to get people or a person out.

There was about 300 metres between two of the cars so either they'd been moved which I doubt cos they were still taking people out of vehicles or one of the vehicles got thrown pretty far.

I hope no one was badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Was in college late last night and could see lots of blue flashing lights in the direction of the Shopping Centre RAB from the IT building (NUIG). Was wondering what was going on.

Advertisement