Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best shop for game trade-ins?

• 05-12-2009 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I got ripped off before so I'm not too keen on doing it again but I have some old games lying around I'd like to get rid off. Some are 360 games.

What shops do the best deals in regards to game trade-ins?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think XtraVision give the best money. Some of my friends traded games in there and said they got more than GAME or Gamestop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

None.Adverts is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes, theres always adverts.ie aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Depends on what you are getting. GAME do 25% extra on trade ins against chart titles. Adverts will probably get you the post but you have to post/meet up and wait for someone to actually want them too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You will get fup all by trading the games in, especially if there oldish titles. Your best bet is to sell them on Adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Defo adverts, trading in games is pointless these days, you get nothing for it and then they sell them on for far more than you got for it. Best to stick it on adverts at a decent price and make two people happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

If you can sell them , thats definately the way forward.The only games that you'll get a half decent pricw on in shops are relatively new games like cod 2 and the like. Recently went in to a few shops with games like gow2, and got offered a fiver each for them. Not worth trading in at all, but got 40 quid for cod2(ended up getting 2 copies as old x box dies and got the cod free with bundle I got).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

Hey guys thanks for all the replies.

I just seen xtravision are giving out a free tshirt and 10 euro worth of vouchers if you buy Assassins creed 2 and trade in two games. The deal doesn't specify what games they have to be.

So could I actually give them two old PS2 or xbox 1 games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

As far as I know, they say in the small print that it has to be a certain number of titles.

I'll check for you on the way home from work.

Advertisement